Chapter Four

Max

When we reach the mall, I order her to stay put and I'll get her door.

"Baby, why don't you listen, I told you not to move because I was coming to help you out," I say gently as she is standing outside her door with her crossbody bag hanging on her side.

I give her a kiss on her head as I say this; I take her hand and lead her into the mall. I can feel her excitement as soon as I notice that she has figured out where we are going.

As we get to the fun company entrance, her hand squeezes mine that she is holding.

"What is it, baby?" I say and look down at her because she is that short, barely reaching my chest.

She answers, "You know you would have gotten me out of the house much quicker if you told me we were coming here" she has a sassy tone to her voice. She lets go of my hand and goes to the ticket machine.

As she is taking money out of her bag, I quickly insert some cash that I took out of my wallet and put it into the ticket machine. I didn't even count how much I took out. She huffs and tells me she will pay. Little does she know that this is a date and as her man, yes, her man, I will take care of everything.

I ask her which game she wants to play first, and she doesn't answer me. So I just go to the one I like, where you have to use a hammer to hit the block until it is at a flat surface.

I hit it and flatten it in one go. I smile down at her and notice that she is standing awkwardly beside me.

I hand her the hammer and she doesn't expect its weight, so she falters a bit, but I straighten her before she can fall.

She hits it, and nothing happens. She does this maybe three times and I'm holding in my laugh until she huffs and says, "This game is rigged." I can't hold it in anymore, I just let out a loud belly laugh.

"Okay, which one is not then," I say to her.

She leads me to a game that has a clown and you have to throw the balls into the clown's open mouth. It is so easy, but I guess that's why she likes it.

As we continue playing I notice something about my girl. She doesn't enjoy working hard and likes taking the easy way out. All the games she enjoyed were the ones that require you to just stand and throw stuff or press a button and the machine would do the rest for you.

Afterwards, we head to milky lane, my favourite ice cream joint. By this point, Jess is not so stiff anymore and has let loose some.

Although she still isn't letting me hold her hand. Whenever I do, she keeps trying to let go of me. Earlier she reached into her bag and took out her phone and checked for non-existent messages. I know this because I am much taller than her and I saw her screen.

We decide to just window shop and not sit down to eat our ice cream. During this I find out that she really loves bags and shoes, she about tried every shoe from most shops we entered.

I can already tell that my girl has expensive taste and honestly, I can't wait to spoil her rotten with all that her little heart desires. When we get to a shop named Europa, I see her look longingly at some shoes she was trying on.

"Do you like these?" I ask her.

As soon as I ask this a lady comes and takes the same shoes and asks for a size three which I know is the same size as Jess's.

"Oh, sorry Mam, we only have one size three and that lady has it." The assistant says looking and pointing at Jessica.

"Oh, here you can have the- "I cut her off as she is about to say,