Oh, So Tantalizing

My muscles ache by the time we reach Dove. It looks like we're on the edge of the White Tent Sea, in a small grove. Ky and Phoenix are already with him, and Brook and Clap are just arriving. 

"How are you feeling, Ice?" Dove asks.

"Fine." When are they gonna stop that? 

"So, I think you all can probably guess why we're here." Dove looks at us.

"Yeah. King Garonda XIV -and shut it, Phoenix- wants Ice back. We can probably expect troops in the next day or two."

"Exactly, Wolf."

"Easy, just burn them to the ground. If you guys don't want to fend them off, I'd be more than happy to do it on my own. I think everyone knows very well how much I hate them and would love nothing more than to watch their faces contort i-."

Why hate King Garonda XIV so much? What did he ever do? I thought he was a nice guy? But I don't voice my question.

"We get it, Phoenix. You've got quite the bone to pick with KG14 and his Guard and Soldiers. I do too, and we'll get our chance. Don't you worry." Ky silences his brother.

"I wasn't worried about us; I know we'll be fine. Everyone in the White Tent Sea doesn't know Ice is here, and I'd like to keep it that way. But them not knowing that puts them at risk- they don't know King Garonda XIV will be sending in troops." Dove leans back against a tree, bending one leg to put his foot against the trunk.

"Easy, don't let the troops reach the Sea." Phoenix shrugs.

"Why not tell them?" I ask, looking at my paws.

"What you need is some confidence, Ice. Why not look everyone in the eye?" I shrug at Phoenix's question.

"Can I get this one, Dove?" Dove nods, and Wolf speaks.

"Before you lost your memory, Ice, and before King Garonda XIV sat on the Amethyst Throne, you two were best friends, the closest of friends. When the Amethyst Throne corrupted King Garonda XIV's mind, you still tried to get him back. Those in the White Tent Sea thought of you as one of the King's closest comrades. Here, King Garonda XIV is widely hated and feared. If they knew you were here, you would nearly for-certain be in a lot of danger, even if we said you lost all of your memories."

"Understatement," Phoenix growls. "He thinks that twisted KG14 is good. I'm willing to bet a lot that he'd have at least a few meaningful death threats and maybe an attempted attack or two thrown in just for funzies. And I say attempted since I'd happily kill them, only because I know you guys would be pissed if he died."

Thanks, I think?

"So it would be a pretty big deal if people found out who I was?"

"Yeah. Thought that much was clear."

"Be nice, Phoenix!" Ky snaps.

"I was! I didn't even try to say something mean." Ky shoots Phoenix a glare but doesn't say anything else.

"So is this an I-just-stay-in-the-tent all the time type of thing? Or like a go-by-a-different-name thing."

"Won't people r-recognise him?" Clap turns to Brook.

"Probably not, but better to lay low," Brook said.

"No one can know Ice is here. And that King -don't even think about it, Phoenix. I can see you over there- Garonda XIV will nearly for-sure send some troops to get Ice, but we're not going to let them reach the White Tent Sea. I got all of it, right?" Wolf lists each of the things on her fingers. Phoenix rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything.