Who Gave Those Losers the Authority to Order Me Around?!

"How do you know," I challenge, trying not to sound as snappy as I feel. Seneca hasn't been here for very long at all.

"Our dimension, while it has its similarities to yours, is very different," Seneca starts. "Icarus and I are the only two who are capable of any form of magic. Yet there used to be more. Just like in your dimension, the Amethyst Throne appeared, but we destroyed it. It didn't come without a cost. The Amethyst Throne is tied to those who use magic. When the dust fell, Icarus and I were the only two magic users left, and Icarus can no longer fly or shift due to the binds on his wing. He is stuck as a bird."

"So you're saying you think we shouldn't go after King Garonda XIV?" Like that'll happen.

"Hell no!" Seneca curls her lip.

"We're helping you," Icarus says. "Sitting back and doing nothing? That's basically like waving a huge sign saying 'hey, keep up the good work! Way to go!' I'm not going to let the King get away with this. So yes, we're helping you. What's the plan?"

"Wait for Dove to return with Wolf and the others. And hopefully learn who the new Midnight Wolf is."

"Why wait? Let's go now." Seneca starts to get off the bed and head out of the tent, but I step in front of her. She scowls but doesn't say anything.

"We can't. We need the rest of the group."

"Why not?" Seneca's lip curls.

"Have you heard of The King's Remorse?"

"Nope," Seneca says.

"It's a prophecy written by one of the Midnight Wolves, creatures who have immense power and are basically invulnerable. It says that King Garonda XIV will fall at the hands of Wolf and Dove. It starts off saying:

"The Wolf and Dove will rise

"With the help of the Phoenix whom the King will despise.

"There's more to it than that, but I don't know how much. King Garonda XIV can't fall without Wolf and Dove. We need the rest of the group."

"All I'm hearing is some prophecy some guy wrote however long ago. I'm not hearing 'future set in stone', just that someone wrote a prophecy that may or may not come true."

"If you have your heart set on heading to King Garonda XIV's castle now, I wish you all the best. But, as much as I want King Garonda XIV to fall, I'm going to wait until Dove returns with Wolf."

"Fine. I'll wait. It'd be dumb to go after someone who can wield the power of the Amethyst Throne if it's just me and Icarus. When you do go after King Garonda XIV, who's going with you? You're going to need one hell of an attack force."

"Wolf and Dove, who are the two in the prophecy. Ky and Phoenix, Ice, the Blood Demon, and the new Midnight Wolf, provided they'll agree to help."

"Can the rest of them fight well?"

"Yeah, they can."

"You should know the Amethyst Throne's gonna put up one hell of a fight. In our dimension of Ragdon, the Amethyst Throne didn't have someone to channel its magic through, so I don't know how that's going to change things. But that day was one I'll never forget. So much death, destruction, carnage, just everything bearing scars and signs of the Throne's power. Nothing escaped its wrath. Those that survived the day would never forget it. Destroying the Amethyst Throne was what caused the deaths of everyone who could use magic, except for me and Seneca. Why we survived, I'll never know, but we're the only two left. I hope with all my heart the same does not happen for your Ragdon," Icarus says softly, his voice getting quieter as his words went on.