Chapter 1 - A Comforting Friend

Hey there! From now on, all bold is A/N. Just so you don't get confused. If you see text with these '___', that means it's a characters current thoughts to themselves. I was able to post earlier that expected because some things on my schedule were removed. Enjoy!

Mari's POV

I groaned as I hit the snooze button on my alarm. "5 more minutes..." Tikki giggled "No Mari, you want to be late for school again. Remember, Alya is on to you and gets more suspicious every time your late." I sat up. "Fine I'll get up, it's not like school starts in-"

"School starts in 5 minutes"

"WhAt!"

"Hurry Mari, hurry!"

I rushed out the door and ran to school. I barely made it in my seat as the bell rang. Alya looked at me with a confused expression. "Gurl, what's up? Are you ok?" I realized I was still panting even after sitting down. "Yeah, Alya...I'm fine..." I almost had to come up for another excuse why I was tired until Mrs. Bustier walked in and started the class. I zoned out and started to think to myself. 'Okay Mari, your birthday is in one week. Just wait a week. Almost there, just hold on-' "Mari, could you tell us what X equals?" Mrs. Bustier asked. 'Crap!' Um... X equal-" *Crash!* The whole wall of the classroom broke down as Pigeon Man walked in. "Where is Chloe! She must pay for insulting my pigeons!" Everyone was screaming and rushing out the door. I stayed in the classroom and hid while Pigeon man went to find Chloe. "Tikki, SPOTS ON!"

Adrien/Chat's POV

I ran as fast as I could to the bathrooms. I shut the stall door as Plagg came out. "Again! Can't we at least have a break from this akuma?" Plagg groaned. "Sorry Plagg, M'lady needs me. Plagg, CLAWS OUT!"

When I got to the scene, Ladybug already had almost finished him off. Ladybug saw me. "Finally! I thought I might have to defeat this akuma alone." She was holding her lucky charm, was it a hanger? "Sorry for the wait M'lady. I try not to leave you hanging."

"Ugh... let's get this over with... I mean seriously Hawkmoth, the same person for the 20th time?!"

"Maybe he planning something big and needs to make something to distract us."

"Good point Kitty..."

One akuma and several puns later

"Pound it!"

"Hey Chat, can I talk to you before we go our separate ways?" Chat tilted his head. "Sure M'lady. I don't mind Chattingwith you." She zipped off on her yo-yo. "Meet you at the Effiel Tower!" I thought to myself as he went toward the tower. 'I wonder what she wants to talk about. She never talks to me after a fight... Maybe she needs hel-' My thoughts were interrupted by the faintest sounds of crying when I got there. Ladybug was sitting on the ledge as I heard her tears as they fell to her lap. "LB, you ok?" It was silent for a few seconds, and then she spoke. "How do you do it Chat?" I sat down next to her, planning my next words carefully.

"Do what?" I asked inquisitively

"Stay confident while living a double life that no one can know about?"

Oh... I had to word this one carefully. I don't really keep everything as balanced as she might think. "Well M'lady, I just keep trying. I have a very restrictive family who keeps tabs on me as much as possible. Doing just a simple action to help anyone, in civilian and superhero form, it makes me feel like a normal person again." She looked at me for a minute, then she hugged me. 'OMG She is hugging you Chat... Keep cool...Keep cool' I hugged her back. She sobbed as she rested her head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you so much Chaton. I just... I just really needed to hear that..." I started rubbing her back gently to calm her down. 'I never want to leave, I want to hold her so close she will never hurt again. I wan-'

*Beep! Beep!*

My thoughts were interrupted bu the beeping of her miraculous. She pulled back out of the hug and we both stood up. "I don't know how to thank you Chat. You are the best partner someone could ask for." I stood there, shocked by her answer. "Um.. we.. Your welcome?" 'Wow, good job Chat, you stuttered.' She smiled sweetly at me. "Bug out!"

Mari's POV

Thankfully, school was cancelled after that close encounter with the akuma. I jumped in my room just as my transformation wore off. "Hey Tikki, in the past, has Hawkmoth ever won?" She sighed and looked up at me. "No he hasn't, but then again, he hasn't ever re-akumatized anyone that many times." I began thinking. 'What would Hawkmoth be planning? Will we stop him? Will he take ou- ARG! Stop it Mari. Remember what Chat said. Enjoy the moment.' Thinking back on that showed me how sensitive Chat could be if he tried. I decided I wouldn't let those things get me down. It could wait another week after my birthday, right?

Hey there! I am apologizing in advance. This is the 1st story I have ever done. I did think about it for a long time, so it hopefully doesn't sound like trash. Also I will try to let you know ASAP if my posting schedule changes. This story will NOT be discontinued and I might add sequel or part 2 stories. Just let me know in the comments for any of your suggestions.

🐞Bug Out!🐞