Chapter 5 - A Good Night's Rest

Why? Just....Why? I tried so hard on this chapter, but in the middle of writing it, I just lost where I was going with it. I apologize for this horrid chapter, put I promised I wouldn't put it on hold or discontinue it. Just bear with me please...

Mari's POV

A week later

"Ok Tikki, is everything ready?" "Wait Mari, let me get the cookies!" After I agreed to let Chat sleep over, I was trying to get everything perfect. I was so shocked to hear he had never been to a sleepover before. I had Tikki help me because I still had to wear that stupid sling.

5 minutes later

Chat Noir's POV

I jumped across the houses toward Mari's. I was so excited to go to my first sleepover. I had no idea what it would be like. I finally got to Marinette's and knocked on the door.

*Knock, knock!*

"Come in Chat!"

I opened the trapdoor, jumped inside, then closed it. "Wow Mari! This is amazing!" She had a small snack table with popcorn and other goodies I would never be allowed to eat at my house. There was also a white bedsheet hanging, with a makeshift projector. Her couch was moved so you could watch the movie on it. "Thanks Chat! I thought we should maybe watch a movie because I wasn't sure what you wanted to do. We don't have to watch a movie though, we could play a gam-" I cut her off with a hug. "Thank you so much Mari! You're the best person someone could ask for!

Mari put her phone in the projector and the movie started playing. We had snacks on the couch as it started. I noticed she was moving constantly. I looked over and saw her wrestling her hair ties with her left hand. "Would you like some help Princess?" She sighed.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable though..."

"Mari, you broke your arm for me, the least I could you is help you...!"

"Ok then... Thank you Kitty!"

She sat a little closer to me and I undid her ponytails. When her hair fell down, I was shocked. 'Mari's hair looks beautiful down. She should keep it that way more often.'

About 30 minutes into the movie, Mari had fallen asleep with her head on my lap. I began to play with her hair. 'I wish I could feel her hair through my gloves....' She looked so peaceful sleeping, like she had finally gotten the sleep she had been needing. 'Princess, you are so caring, I am grateful to have met you....'

I woke up about 2 hours later to the sound of faint sobbing. When I opened my eyes, I saw Mari laying right next to me. We were cuddled up in one blanket to stay warm. Then I listened closer to what Mari was saying in her sleep.

"...No...please Chat....Don't die....please...I...I can't go on without you.... please..."

I choked back a sob. 'Mari does care for me.' I gently rubbed Mari's good arm. "Wake up Princess, it's ok, it's just a bad dream..." We both sat up, still cuddled in the blanket. "Oh..you..you're ok Chat!" She hugged me with her good arm. I put one arm around her, careful not to hurt her, and started to gently rub her back. I took my other hand to gently wipe away her tears. I almost cried myself, seeing Mari like this. "It's ok Princess...It's ok..." I stayed there, enjoying Mari's company. 'I hope you will be ok...'

I woke up with the sunlight coming in the room. When I looked down at what was so heavy, my face heated up so fast. I was laying on my side, with my arms around Mari. I could lift my right arm, but my other arm was wrapped underneath and around Mari's chest. Mari had her left leg draped over my legs. Our chests were pushed right up against each other. Mari's head was resting against my upper chest. She had a peaceful smile on her face. 'Even though this is totally embarrassing, Mari is so peaceful right now. I don't think I should wake her up. She had a pretty rough dream last night.' I dared not to move anything but my right arm. I put it over her and played with her hair, partly because I needed something to focus on to get rid of my blushing face, partly because I just wanted to. For some reason, I felt a small rumble in my chest and began to purr.

About an hour later, Mari began to stir. I didn't want to make her think I was awake all this time, so I closed my eyes and let my hand go limp in her hair. My blushing was 'Thankfully' gone by this time. I tried to stop purring, but I couldn't control it. I opened my eyes slightly, but not enough that she could see. 'Crap, my purring probably woke her up!'

Before Mari completely knew the position we were in, she woke up with a faint smile and yawn. It took all my willpower not to smile at her. The moment I saw her face become a deep red shade, I knew she figured it out. She whispered to me. "Chat? Chat! Are you awake...?" I tired to stop purring, but I just couldn't. I pretended to just wake up. When I fully opened my eyes, I tried to blush 'which wasn't that hard' to make her think I just realized what position we were in. 'Why can't I stop purring?!' "O...Oh...Sor...Sorry Mar...Mari...!"

After we got untangled, Mari stood up and started to clean up. 'Thankfully my purring stopped.' I could still see the blush from the side of her face. I walked over to the table where she was cleaning up and started to help. Mari started to speak. "Look, Chat, I really didn't mean to be like that I don't know what happened. I'm sorry if I made you...uncomfortable..." I could see the blush deepen even further. "Mari, it's fine, ok? You had a really bad dream last night, I'm glad you could get some rest. If it makes you feel any better You were very comfortable to sleep with." 'WhAt ThE hEcK dId I jUsT sAy?!' "I...I me..mean it wasn't uncomfortable that...I wouldn't mind to do it again...I mean...Arg!" 'Wow Chat, way to say it out loud...' I could feel the blush on my face. I fell down to the floor covering my face with my hands.

"Chat?"

I looked up, ready to be scolded by Mari. Instead she had a sweet smile on her face. She knelt down in front of me. I felt guilt rise in my chest.

"I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean to say those things!"

"Chat, it's ok."

"I will never make yo- Wait what?"

"Chat, if it makes YOU feel any better, I kinda liked it too..."

I saw the slight blush develop on her cheeks. 'I could use this moment to get out of this awkward situation...' I smirked at her "Well Pur-inces, I'm feline like you might have feelings toward this stray..." Instead of shaking the pun off like she normally does, she did something that nearly killed me. She placed her hand on the side of my face and stroked it down to my neck.

"Maybe I do have feelings for such a sexy feline, hmm... Right Kitty?"

"I...I...I...um..wha...yo..you..wh..whe.." I buried my burning face in my hands. Mari started laughing so hard, I just blushed deeper.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh Chat! I..I can't...breathe.." When she finally stopped laughing, I was still on the floor, busy dying from embarrassment. I heard Mari walk over and sit beside me. "Chat, it's ok. That was just some pun-ishment for all the jokes you put me through." 'Chat, DON'T PURR! DON'T DO IT! DON-' A deep rumble started in my chest when Mari put her arm around me. "Chat? Did you just purr?" I looked up at her with an embarrassed smile. "Maybe?"

"It's ok, I kinda like it. You are an amazing person Chat! It was fun to spend time with you."

My blush faded down to a mild pink. "Why Thank you Princess! You are quite the lovely lady to spend time with."

"Aww! Chat that's so sweet! You can come again tomorrow if you would like! I wouldn't mind!"

"Ok! Thank you Mari for the work you put in for my first sleepover. I'll Chat-ch up with you later!"

I need to smack myself. This chapter was painful in so many ways. Please don't be mad at me for writing such a crappy chapter. I know it will get better though. I think I finally have a good idea on where I'm going with this, so I shouldn't have any problem writing anymore. I gtg now. It's getting late and I have somewhere to be.

🐞Bug Out!🐞