Chapter 3 - The Sacrifice

Guys, I just can't help myself. I have to keep publishing, the story is too intense to stop. I should really be working on homework, but I can't knowing that it's on a cliffhanger that I MADE! IT DRIVES ME INSANE! AHHH! Ok enough ranting for me, enjoy the story!

Mari's POV

I was about to leave as I heard a knock on the bakery door. I opened it and Alya came in. "Thank goodness Gurl! I need your help, and for you to trust me." 'Huh.. what a strange request.' "Ok Alya! I trust you." "Ok then Mari... close your eyes, I'm gonna put a blindfold on you." I laughed. "Is this really necessary?" She replied in a nervous, funny tone. "Of course! Just trust me ok?" "Ok Alya, what every you say...!"

We were walking for about 5 minutes before Alya said anything. "Ok Mari, I'm taking of your blindfold. NO PEEKING!" "Ok...ok I promise."

"Open your eyes on the count of 3, ok?"

"Ok"

"1, 2, 3!"

I opened my eyes and saw all my friends in front of me. "Happy Birthday Marinette!" Everyone cheered for me. "Aww! You guys are so sweet! Thank you all so much!" Everyone lined up and gave me their gift as I thanked each one of them for everything. When it was time for Adrien to give me his gift, I didn't feel the slightest bit nervous, at all. 'Could I finally be over him?' He walked up to me and smiled. "Happy Birthday Mari!" He gave me his gift. 'Aww what did he get for me-' *INSERT LOUD CRASHING NOISES HERE* 'Aww... come on! An akuma now?' For some reason Adrien dashed of as fast as he could. He probably had to let his bodyguard know he was ok.

"I am NighTrama! My life had been made a living nightmare because of Chloe! She and all of Paris will pay and all nightmares will come to life!"

"Aww... you night scare me away! You wouldn't want that now would you?"

I recognize that voice anywhere. Chat was already on the scene, but I was trapped. "Your nightmare must be Paris turning against you, isn't it, little stray?" NighTrama hit Chat with a beam of light from her staff. 'That must be where her akuma is!' Suddenly, lots of nearby Parisians started attacking Chat. I decided to pretend to be one of them so I could get to Chat easily. When I almost reached him, I saw a Parisian coming from behind. I jumped between them.

"Chat! Move!"

Adrien/Chat Noir's POV

"Happy Birthday Mari!" I handed my gift to her. 'I really hope she will like it. I tried to make it as pretty as she is bu-' *INSERT LOUD CRASHING NOISES HERE* My thoughts were 'Thankfully' interrupted by an akuma. I rushed off and hid in a bathroom. "Plagg, Claws Out!"

As I arrived on the scene, the akuma was explaining itself, as usual. "I am NighTrama! My life had been made a living nightmare because of Chloe! She and all of Paris will pay and all nightmares will come to life!"

"Aww... you night scare me away! You wouldn't want that now would you?" 'I still don't know how I come up with awesome puns in the moment.'

"Your nightmare must be Paris turning against you, isn't it, little stray?" NighTrama hit me with a beam of light from her staff. 'That must be where her akuma is!' I didn't feel any different, but I soon realized nearby Parisians started attacking me. I fought them off, careful not to hurt them too much, but enough to throw them off balance. Suddenly, I heard 'Was that Mari's voice?' someone shout behind me.

"Chat! Move!"

I turned around fast enough just to see Mari jump between me and a Parisian, who hit Mari hard in the arm with a metal pole. She screamed out in pain and fell to her knees. I immediately picked her up and hid her in the bushes. "It's ok Mari. You'll be safe here." I looked down at her right arm and stifled a yelp. 'It's most definitely broken.' I felt so much rage to this akuma, I charged it head-on. NighTrama barely had time to see me before I took her staff and broke it. I Cataclysmed the akuma, and then saw ladybug approaching. She looked at me, then threw her yo-yo up.

"Miraculous Ladybug!"

For some reason, we didn't even talk, or -Pound It- for that matter. She zipped off as quickly as she arrived. Then I remembered Mari. I ran over to the bushes where I put her. "Mari, are yo-" my question was answered by the sobs of pain and a broken arm. No questions asked, I took her to the nearest hospital. Her arm was bleeding because the broken bone ripped it open.

By the time I got to the hospital, there was blood all over my chest and arms. I rushed inside the emergency doors. "Help! She needs immediate treatment!" Someone looked over and shouted to the other doctors. By the time they got her on a stretcher, she had passed out from blood loss or shock. As they wheeled her away, I felt guilty that she had taken the blow, and not me. Then I realized something. 'Crap! They are probably looking for Mari at the party!'

When I made it back, Alya rushed up to me. "Oh, Chat Noir! Have you seen my friend Marinette? She has blue hair an-" I cut her off. "She's at the hospital right now..." I was not prepared to hear a demon scream out.

"WHAT!?!!?!"

Everyone at the party turned to me. "For some reason, the miraculous ladybugs did not fix Marinette's broken arm. I don't know why, but she is recovering in the hospital right now." I didn't want to deal with the stress right now, so I leaped on to my room.

"Plagg, Claws In..." As soon as Plagg was out of the miraculous, I questioned him. "Why did the miraculous ladybugs not fix Mari?"

"Because she chose of her own free will to help you."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"If she was defending herself, they would fix her. She wasn't defending herself she was defending you."

"So her arm will heal?"

"It should. But it will take a long time."

I hopped down on my bed and thought about it. 'If Mari sacrificed her well being for me, does she care for me? I should at least see her tonight to see in she is ok....'

SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WITH THE CLIFFHANGERS!? I can't take the suspense, even though I'm the one writing the story. I just can't even right now... I should go now and at least try to do my homework. Then again, in the next 5 minutes, I'll be busy writing the next chapter. Don't forget to comment your ideas! Sometimes, they really do help me.

🐞Bug Out!🐞