Chapter 9 - Illusions

Mari/MultiMouse's POV

I was jumping across the buildings, as MultiMouse instead of Ladybug. I had delivered the miraculous to Nino and Kagami.I was on my way to deliver the last one, I mean..two,to Alya. She is the only one I trust with my miraculous. I jumped to her apartment door, knocking it, hoping she was still awake. When she opened the door, she was shocked. Then she bombarded me with questions.

"Are you another superhero? What's your name? Wait let me get my phone ou-"

I cut her off. "No, let me come inside. Hurry close the door...!"

I jumped inside as she closed the door. She put her phone down, then asked me a question. "Do you need Rena?" I nervously nodded as I gave her 2 miraculous boxes. She looked at me confused. She grabbed the first one and opened it. Trix came out and greeted her. "Hey Alya! Nice seeing you again!" Alya got excited, put the fox pendant on, then looked over at the 2nd box. "Is that one for me too?" I nodded, gesturing it to her. She took it and cautiously opened it. A red glow appeared, she looked down at the miraculous, and gasped in shock.

"I..Is..that..Ladybug's miraculous?"

I nodded. "She needs someone she can trust for the job. Her identity is at steak, so she wanted you to fill in for her."

"Of course! I would love to..Wait.. How can I trust you...?"

I don't know if those are the actual de-transformation words, I couldn't find them any where. I did some thinking and decided this phrase would do. Sorry, it's not that catchy tho.

"Because she trusted me enough to deliver them to you. She also thought you would trust me. Mulo...Go Stealthy..."

I de-transformed, and Alya basically fan-girled over me. "Mari?! You have the mouse miraculous?! You know Ladybug personally?!" I smiled. "No telling anyone ok?" Alya agreed. "I have to go through this quickly, the gang is waiting at the park."

2 minutes later

Chat Noir's POV

I was hiding as I saw 2 figures jump down into the shrubbery near the Ladybug and Cat Noir statue. I heard one of the figures call out in a whisper, "Chat, are you there?" I whispered to the others to stay quiet. I stepped out of the shadows and when I saw who was there, I thought my night vision was playing tricks on me. 'Ladybug chose Mari to help? Her identity is known to me, why would she do that? I whispered back. "Ma...MultiMouse?" 'Crap! I have to be more careful...' She nodded. "Is the gang with you?" I gestured behind me at some bushes.

"Good, read this then."

Marinette/MultiMouse held up a note I could only read with my night vision. The note read, 'Me and Rena are an illusion. Follow the illusion with everyone until you reach an alley with everyone else's illusions. Hide in the cubby behind the trash. After you hear the figure following our illusions pass, come to the top of the Effiel Tower. -LB'

I thought to myself, 'Wow, M'lady is so clever.' Then the illusion of MultiMouse spoke. "You ready?" I nodded. "Okay guys, come out. Do everything I tell you exactly the moment I say it, Ok?" Everyone nodded, so we headed off to the alley the illusions were taking us to.

After we made it to the alley, I saw everyone's illusions, signaling that we need to hide fast. I gestured everyone to hurry into the cubby. After everyone was inside, I covered us and peeked out through a tiny hole. I saw someone appear just outside the alley in a similar fox outfit to Rena. 'Is that Volpina?!' She watched our illusions talk about something to lead her off our tracks. As the illusions jumped away, she waited a little bit, then continued in pursuit. After I was sure she was gone, I sighed a breath of relief. "Ok guys, it's safe to come out now..." Everyone exited the hiding spot.

"What was that about Chat Noir?" Carapace asked.

"Someone was following us."

"Then what was with the double us, and where are we going now?" Ryuuko asked.

"Those were illusions, courtesy of RenaRouge. They were to lead the person following us on the wrong tracks. As for where we are going, the top of the Effiel Tower...."

5 minutes later

MultiMouse's POV

"They should be here by now Rena..."

"There coming. I already sent the illusions past the alley, so whoever was following them, they are on a wild goose chase."

"I know, it just, this was really risky and I'm not sure if it's gonna wor-"

*Thud!*

I turned around to see Chat and all the other miraculous holders looking over at us. I sighed in relief. "There you guys are! I was worried you guys got stuck." Chat was the first to speak. "This must be pretty important, if Ladybug had to recruit half the team. Speaking of LB, where is she?"

"Yeah, where is she right now?" Carapace questioned.

RenaRouge replied before I could even open my mouth. "She's not coming for a while..."

Everyone replied in shock. "What...!?"