Chapter 18 - Memories

Ok, I FINALLY UPDATED. It's been too long, corona is messing with my daily schedule routine. This chapter was proofread by @OwlWolf22091 and I really hope no one kills me for not updating in forever. Enjoy!

Carapace/Nino's POV

"Rena! What are we gonna do?! He can't be contained!"

We left and were hiding in an alley, the one I hid Mari in, during the distraction.

"I don't know!? Mari is here, and she isn't responsive! She's..SHE'S DEAD NINO! GONE!"

Rena began crying and fell to the floor. I was walking over to her, when I felt a nudge at my side. I looked over and saw a Kwami, Ladybug's Kwami.

"Rena, look here ok?"

She looked up and the Kwami flew in front of us, with a paint on earrings in her little hands. The Kwami began to introduce, then explain.

"Hi! My name is Tikki! You need to do exactly as I say. Put these earrings in Marinette's ears, she will heal faster."

Rena spoke up with a bit of hope in her voice. "You mean she's not dead yet?"

The Kwami, Tikki, nodded. "She will be if you don't follow what I say when I tell you."

Before I could even register the words, Rena jumped up, grabbed the miraculous, and put it in Mari's ears. After she put the 2nd earring in, Mari gasped out and began to breathe. The color returned to her face, but she was still unconscious. A wave of relief washed over me. 'She isn't dead! A Miraculous Miracle!' Tikki continued explaining.

"Follow me, I will take you guys to the guardian of the miraculous. You must de-transform though, so no one sees super heroes wandering in his shop. After you get there, the Master will explain everything."

I saw one blatant flaw in the plan. "Doesn't it look obvious carrying a limp body across town?"

Tikki looked at me. "I can control Mari for 30 seconds, give or take. At a fast walk, the shop is 10 seconds away from this spot. Starting now."

The Kwami went into her earrings and Mari's body stood up. She began to walk, but I stayed still as well as Rena, in a bit of shock. Mari waved for us to come and hurry. I de-transformed with Alya, then began hurrying down the street.

Alya's POV

After we arrived in the small building, Tikki left the earrings and Mari became limp. I caught her before she fell, and Nino helped carry her into the room her Kwami flew into. A man was waiting for us when we entered. I looked closer at the man sitting down on a rug and I remembered where I saw him.

"You gave me my miraculous...you know the identities of the heroes."

The man simply nodded, but he had a worried look on his face. He gestured over to a floor mat with some cushion as he spoke to us.

"Set her over there and I can assess the damage. I am Master Fu, the guardian of the miraculous."

After I laid her down on the floor mat with Nino's help, I turned back to the man, known as Master Fu. He looked over at Nino and called out.

"Wayzz? Are you there?"

The Kwami came out and flew to Master Fu. Nino was shocked.

"You know my Kwami?"

He responded back while walking over to where Mari lay, with Wayzz in a close follow.

"I know all the Kwamis, but when you're not Carapace, I possess that miraculous. Now, what happened from your point of view Tikki?"

The little red Kwami flew up to him. "She was kidnapped as bait for Chat to come to the Eiffel Tower. After she got there, she was drugged and tied to a chair, with pressure bombs underneath. The miraculous was taken, but I hid somewhere else while still watching. Chat came, tried to help, but Hawkmoth set the bombs off. She flew off of the Tower, and when I saw her again..Sh..She was limp in Chat Blanc's arms...."

Master Fu walked over to his dresser and opened it. He moved aside some clothes and brought out a vial of red liquid. He went over and sat down by Mari. He help the vial in one hand while looking over at Tikki.

"I need you to stay inside the earrings without transforming her. Or else the liquid won't do anything."

"Yes Master."

Tikki shrunk into the earrings as Master Fu poured the liquid down her throat. I waited in anticipation for something big to happen, but she still laid there. All of a sudden, Mari gasped for air, then began to breathe shallow breaths, but stayed unconscious. I got excited.

"Mari! She is breathing! She will be okay!"

Fu put his hand on her head, but as soon as it touched her, he recoiled it back and muttered to himself.

"It's worse than I feared..."

I stepped up in demand. "What's worse? Why won't she wake up? What's going on?"

Master Fu got up and walked up to me and Nino.

"The only way she will live is if she wants to. She has fears and worries, preventing her from waking. But there are enough good memories to keep her in a somewhat coma-state."

Nino asked in a nervous, almost scared tone. "What about Chat Blanc?"

Master Fu looked over at Wayzz, then back at us. "Nothing. He is too powerful. The best you can do is keep the civilians from danger. Don't fight him head-on. You WILL lose."

Drama EVERYWHERE! I am actually going to go hide in a little hole now. You guys remember earlier in the story, that my friend Dared me to do something with my story that I really didn't want to do, but I don't turn down dares, so I did it anyway? Well, another Dare was popped up, but I was prepared against my friend this time so it's not as bad. I had to make a really cheesy chapter though, so I do apologize for that. Also, I know for sure the story won't exceed 30 chapters, but it could get higher than 25. Life is so ugh right now, you guys should let me know what you do to pass the time. But for now, I have to go.

🐞Bug Out!🐞