BACK TO LAIR

Barney's POV

"Why are you chuckling like this?" Lee was repeatly asking me, while I was flying my plane. "I'm not chuckling" I smirked. "Hmm, if you say so. Reminds where you've been the entire night?" he asked me and I certainly responded "At Tool's to finish my tatto. I've told you's." He rolled his eyes "Tatto, huh? I guess you had something else on body, than some tatto." I started to tease him "Says someone who's tryin' to get in bed blondie with ponytails."

He upsetly widen eyes and I started laugh "Don't look surprised! It's more clear than the wedding of Gunner with that arrow girl." He left a smirk "The most clear thing is you and Sawa. Your first girlfriend, I guess." I couldn't be angry with him this time, I took it as compliment, because I hoped so much I can now call Sawa my girlfriend. Hopefully, she felt it same. Suddenly the door little opened and I saw in them my favourite face. "We're almost there. We should land little far from town, okey?" Sawa ordered and I nodded "Yep, babe." She little blushed and left a smaller nod. Then I quite turned close to her, excepting little kiss from her, but she already disappeared in back.

Lee laughed about that, but I just rolled my eyes. It's my first girlfriend, I shouldn't be that fast about it. We just spent one night together, nothing else. I should return back to reality..but anytime she walked in or just looked over, all this reality thing was gone. Yep, too much in love, I guess.

Sawa's POV

When we landed and left plane, I tried not looking over Barney. Just not let know the whole team about the fact, I and Barney became something like couple or how it's called today. I really didn't knew much things about it, since I never had or planned have boyfriend. Still..I didn't felt calling him like that, because as I said, I wasn't made for some kind of love and specially not for someone like this. "And then we could move to your hometown, together!" I looked over to see Maggie and Gunner, walking arm in arm. I would never say this, but Gunner looked way calmer since I get him together Maggie.

Good for Maggie. I smiled about it and headed my way to Babydoll. "Look. Lee get me new katana! Isn't it perfect?" she commented, showing me her new weapon. "Sure, you may say he is perfect, don't you?" I chuckled and she smiled secretly "Well, same you would say about Barney, am I right?" I've been little surprised after that and tried to act normal. "I-i don't know what you're talking about" I mumbled and tried turn away, but she turned me back at her. "How many times, I'll tell you, that I'm your bestie and not blinde one, huh?" I felt little awkard, because she really did known me well and she used this line almost anytime. "Well..there's maybe a posibility of it" I muttered and Babydoll's eyes started to bright from happiness "I knew it! Damn, Sawy I'm so happy!!"

I little giggled as she hugged me this full of happiness. "Why you didn't told me, huh?!" she laughed as she walked me behind team, overexcited to hear any detail. "It was just all so sudden..I'm still not sure it is really happening" I admitted and smiled. She smiled even more and hugged me by one arm even tighter. "But let's talk about it later, fine? Now I must solve this.." I said and nodded her to look. The town didn't changed at all. I mean it used to be very huge and nice town, before a years, when I was little innocent child without any scars of my past. Now it seemed like hell, exactly as my whole life after my adoptive parents's death.

"No civils, huh?" Hale commented as he was looking around. "No..they're hiding" I said and carefully looked around, if there's no one of Karl's army. I walked through the empty street, with Expendables in my back and tried not get in any kind of danger. All the terrifying memories..It was impossible to believe I was really doing this. Suddenly I stepped on something. I checked down and found out it's actually toy. Damaged teddy bear. It seemed so familiar to me..then apperead a sound from garbage. They all raised their weapons, only I calmly putted my weapon back to my bag. And slowly walked closer.

"Sawa!" Barney yelled behind me worringly, but I calmly turned at them "Put these weapons down!" Hale and Toll looked at each others shocked and then they all looked at Barney. He looked first at me and as his view met with mine certain one, he agreed "Put it down." I gladly nodded about it and then nervously checked that garbage. From the garbage suddenly walked a silhouette. And as it walked closer, I realized it's actually a little black skinned girl in torned yellow dress. "..Zoye?" I widen my eyes. She seemed shocked too "Sawa? Sawa!"

Then she ran up to me and hugged me. I hugged her back tight. I thought I'll never see this girl again. She was just a little kid, when I met her first time. I saved her life that day, when I get her out of Karl's clatches and brought her back home. I was surprised she did remembered me, since we haven't seen each others possibly 5 years now. "I was worried, you'll never return" she whispered. I stroked he rin hair. She seemed so exhausted and frightened. "What happened, Zoey? Where are your parents?" I asked as I saw her fear and all that sadness. She sobbed "The-y took me a-way. I-i wanted g-o home, b-ut..but." Then she started to cry and I knew exactly what happened.

After Karl raised the most dangerous unbreakle female killer machine, he started to kidnap more little girls to raise them that way too. Often the training and everything been very difficult for them, so they could clearly die. I watched dying little girls in front of me and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Just stare at that torture and hoping, that they may survive. None of them did. Gladly, Zoey escaped, but I was pretty worried they were searching for her. And all alone and weak, she had no chance. "It's going to be fine, Zoey. You'll be soon back with your family, I promise" I said, gently stroking her back.

"But now tell me..are there any others kids?" I asked, because I was prepared to save as many lives as possible. She nodded "Yes. Karl locked them to be in quarantine." I nodded and then turned back at team "Maggie, could you be so kind? Take her to plane and take care of her, while I'll help these kids, okey?" Maggie immediately did so, giving Gunner look to stay. "You guys should go too. I'll make it on my own, you don't have to care" I said my order, but Babydoll started to reject "No! I'm staying right here, I won't just leave you here."

"Baby, this is my fight. These kids needs me, I'm their only hope. If anything happened, they won't kill me. Karl wants me alive, you can count on that" I said, squeezing her hands "Trust me." Silence. "Promise me you'll be careful" she said as she knew I'll never change my mind. "I will" I said and turned my look over Expendables. They somehow get in my heart, more I could ever except. This was my fight and I was the only who going to finish it. It didn't costed any of their lives. Especially not Barney's, who standed there whole time looking at me worringly. "You won't go alone. It's dangerous" he said and tried take my arm, but I turned it "Barney..I lived there, I was one of these..Trust me, I'll be fine. It's my fight..not yours." He looked at my softly with his known puppy eyes. He stroked my arm "Be safe, okey?" I smiled and nodded. Then he walked away and I lovingly watched how he dissapears from my view. It was the right decision.

Then I carefully left the street and straight way ran to the greatest building. Lair. I felt goosebumps and all my scars on wrist, filling my whole body with pain from these flashbacks and bruises, this place left on me. I took my breath and slowly entered. I grabbed my gun and looked around. Nothing, but then I suddenly heard yelling. I ran quickly upstairs and in a right moment shoted. One of Karl's guys almost raped a little blonde girl, who now layed on ground and with widen eyes, studied me. Behind her was cage and around 10 same old girls in it. I ran to them and quickly shoted the locker of cage, setting them free.

"This way" I nodded them at the exit door "Run out of the town, okey? There's a plane, tell them I've sent you, fine?" I helped the little blondie stand up and she gratefully smiled at me "Thank you." I nodded and quickly pushed them to run faster. I wanted go on my own, but before I could I heard steps behind me. And before I would act, I get a shot to my arm. I yelled out from pain and felt at ground. I tried to look, but the shot slowly made me faint..and I couldn't talk or see anything anymore...

Here we are with new chapter! It was a while, when I updated, but I'm back. I had some exams, but they were quite easy so I had time to write new chapter and have another one in progress, so YAYY! I mean this chapter potrayed exactly the dead city of Sawa's past and it's going to be now more fighting and action. May we will finally get reunion of Sawa and Karl..but who knows? Anyways I hope you enjoyed at least a bit and I apologize for all my mistakes. Thank you so much for reading and leave me here some comments xoxo