Five

Rome

Alejandro had left four hours ago and still Rome held onto the slip of paper with his number on it. Her hands itched to pick up her cell phone and dial it but she wouldn't let her feelings get the best of her. Alejandro had her heart doing flips at the way he'd taken care of her; it was unknown to her after her mother's death to have someone that cared enough or at all really. Rome had been stuck with her father, who only cared for his business and the money he made from it.

Rome sighed before tucking the slip of paper into a draw. Her attention immediately turned to the knock on her door as she stood up quickly walking towards it. One of her father's men stood directly outside, Rome recognized him but couldn't give him a name.
"Your father requests your presence in his study."
Rome nodded her head before stepping out of her room and walking in the direction of his study.

She knocked twice before she heard his voice tell her to enter and respectfully she bowed her in his presence.
"Father, you called for me."

"Yes daughter."

For the first time in awhile Rome looked her father in the eyes, which were cold and unmoving.

"You embarrassed me today."

Rome bit her lip , she knew this was coming ever since she dropped those drinks. And just like always she would take her punishment with respect.

"I've spent this time pondering your punishment."

Rome gulped, "Have you decided?" She asked.

He hummed.

~*~

Her back was dripping with blood as she trudged her way back to her room. Her skin stinging as she moved and unfortunately unlike other times, she couldn't see to treat this wound as she collapsed onto her bed, from exhaustion and tears. Rome was tired, tired of living in this house, with her father. Her sobs muffled as she covered her mouth with her pillow.

Alejandro wandered into her mind, his stormy grey eyes and his strong arms welcoming her into them, comforting her but alas, she was alone. Her eyes drifted to the draw where she'd hidden his number but she thought better of it. No, she wouldn't call him; she couldn't, he was probably busy anyway. So in her disheartened state, Rome decided it was best if she just slept it off.

In the morning, Rome had woken up in immense pain, the wound still not treated as she stumbled towards the shower. The room temperature water falling onto her back and she couldn't help but wince, although grateful that her wounds were being cleaned at least. Last night had been a punishment of a more serious caliber, she could still the remember the sting of the whip but it hadn't been the worst and Rome knew, it could always be worse.

Rome stood in front of the mirror with her medicine laid out in front of her as she scrunched up her eyebrows in sheer determination to reach where it hurt. Carefully, she treated herself to the best of her ability but she knew she didn't reach all that needed to be taken care of but with no one else to help her Rome would have to deal with it.

Two days later and Rome still hadn't left her room, her father, thankfully had left her to heal and wallow in her self pity, on days like this, Rome spent her time reading and drawing, mostly drawing with what little paints and pencils her father supplied her with. On her desk, near her wardrobe she kept all her completed pieces tidily on a stack. Today, she had just been doodling, drawing whatever came to her mind as her pencil moved quickly about the paper. Her eyes narrowing as she made the last finishing touch to her piece.