Seven

Rome

Rome had been walking from the motel she'd managed to stay the night in for about six hours. Her forehead drenched in sweat as the scorching heat of the sun blazed on her skin. Her bags slung over here shoulder as she trudged onward. With no clear indication of where she was going Rome knew that she needed to find something to eat because she was starving. She'd read on a street sign two miles back that a shopping mall was in close proximity and Rome had placed all her bets on finding food there.

The night before, as she lay in bed, Rome thought of Alejandro and the fact that in her rush she'd forgotten his number in her drawer. The slip of paper could have been her saving grace; he could have been her saving grace but now, she was sure she was never going to see him again. The mere thought, broke her heart but she couldn't dwell on it because she knew her father would have men out looking for her. That her union with Fleur was everything to her father's success. Which was another reason why she needed to get as far away as possible.

As she looked up, Rome felt nothing but relief wash through her at the sign of the mall. The large three story building with cars flooding in and out made her stomach rumble; lunch was near. She had at least twenty dollars to her name and Rome was sure as hell going to spend it on food and water. As she entered the shopping plaza Rome let the cool air wash over her as she followed the directions to the food court. Rome joined the nearest Mc Donald's line and bought herself a serving of fries and chicken nuggets before sitting down towards the center of the food court.

Rome chomped down on her fries before a group of women sat beside her, all holding Victoria Secret bags. Curiously, Rome looked them over, the woman nearest to her was of Asian decent, with her dark hair tied in a ponytail and a cute stripped pattern dress accentuating her curves, the second was a slightly taller woman with blonde hair that hung past her shoulder blades with blue eyes that were sparkling as she laughed and the last woman was just as gorgeous as the others, her smooth chocolate colored skin fitted in a red blouse and blue jeans with her curly dark hair styled in a half up, half down hair style.

"I swear Dallas, this was the best idea ever!" the blonde woman said.

"See I told you, just let the guys handle the children for the day," she paused, "We deserve a break."

"Laya, how does it feel to still be able to sleep?" Dallas dramatized.

Rome tried not to make it apparent that she was ease dropping but chucked quietly at what she'd heard.

"You'd think I'd get sleep but all the boys wanna do is play 2K," she grumbled, "And that they'd get tired by at least four but no....."

The women chuckled and Rome felt herself longing for girl friends like that. Growing up, she didn't have any, Sai barely let her socialize and when he did it was always under his supervision. She sulked at the memories before turning her attention back to the girls.

"Isn't it the twins birthday soon?" the blonde woman asked.

The other two nodded, "Yeah, I forgot to show you guys what I got Sando!"

The Asian woman dug around in her hand bag before items fell onto the floor. Rome's eyes widened at the knife and the two bullets that we're now on the  beside her feet. She made eye contact with the women who were all sitting stoic, obviously trying to gage her reaction. Rome gulped before reaching down and picking the weapons up.

"Here," Rome handed them back.

Her eyebrows furrowed, she was pretty sure it wasn't normal for regular people to carry around knives and bullets like that......

"Thanks." They all chuckled nervously.

Rome nodded, looking them each in the eye before turning back to her meal like nothing happened.

"What the hell Laya!" One of them half whispered.

"She could totally call the cops on us now!"

"She wouldn't, look at her, she looks trustworthy."

Rome wanted to smile, feeling oddly happy that someone thought that way.

"What were you even doing with that in your purse in the first place!"

"Hello! Always be prepared! I'm not about to let anyone catch me off guard!" She paused, "Besides I know you guys carry yours around too!"

Wait? So they all did!

"Yeah! In our belts!"

"Yeah well my belt is already full!"

"Oh dear god! Why do you always think someone is going to kill us!"

This made Rome's eyes widen.

"Shh! Before someone hears you!"

"Do you not know who we're associated with? Anyone could attack at any moment,"

"God, all this paranoia is making me paranoid."

"Well it should."

"Stop acting like we don't have twenty four hour security!" One of them spoke, "They made us leave with guards!"

"Huh, true."

"Jesus Laya, could have scared the ever living shit out of that girl!"

"Shhh! Before she hears you!"

The talking ceased as Rome ate the the remainder of her meal before their voices spoke up again.

"Wait wait! Oh no I have to buy clothes for Adriano!"

Rome heard them giggle, "C'mon, let's get going, I think we could still make the Macy's day sale."

"Oh yeah! I was supposed to get new booties for Alonso!"

At that, the three women departed and Rome watched as they left, curious as to who they could be and longing to be apart of a group.