Twenty One

Rome

She knew it was time;

time he saw them, her scars.

They were around four years old now and Rome remembered the exact day she'd gotten them and what she'd received them for. Alejandro sat on the edge of their bed, his expression giving nothing away, Rome had yet to tell him what she was up too.

"Tesoro?" (Treasure) he said slowly, "What are you planning?"

Rome sent him a small smile, "it was time you saw them and I told you exactly what my life was like with my father,"

Rome turned her back towards him, taking a deep breath and lifting her shirt over her head and revealing her scars. She didn't hear any audible gasps, in fact the room was silent as she swiveled her heel to face him with her bra on.

"I was still a teenager, my father had raised me to be soft spoken, to never question anything he said. The few times I did misbehave, I received lashes but never anything as severe as this,"

Rome met Alejandro's grey eyes that were searching hers as she continued, "I guess, one day I'd had enough— I spoke out of turn when he was playing poker with friends. Insulted him in front of men whom he was used to impressing and I'd embarrassed him." Rome whispered, "I'd never seen him so angry."

She was standing in front of Alejandro now, her hands clasped together nervously, Alejandro's gaze scoured her face as she continued, "That night Sai took me outside, stripped me of my clothes— he made me kneel on the dirt, and a grabbed his whip,"

"I don't even remember how many times he'd hit me, but when he was done he left me on the ground and I had to run back to my room bare chested and afraid. I cried more than I ever had that night and swore to myself I'd never do anything to gain my father's wrath again,"

Rome bit her lip, "The scars, I don't think will ever fade and my skin will never be smooth, I—"

"I wish I could have saved you sooner," Alejandro whispered, "I wish........ I was there for you,"

Rome placed her hand on his cheek, "You're here now," she smiled.

Alejandro pulled her into his body quickly, "I am, and I'm not going anywhere,"

Rome nodded as she kissed his lips gently, "I know,"
I love you, she wanted to say but she held it in, it wasn't the right time.

~*~

Rome fiddled idly with her fingers as Allegro stood in front of them. He had news and the importance of said news made Rome nervous as she sat beside Alejandro and Dallas.

"There's been a development," Allegro began, "I've received information from a source that says that Sai is still planning to kill us."

"How? Is he going to storm the compound?" Elliot asked, "—because he'll just end up dead that way,"

The others hummed in agreement, "There isn't any present chatter about what exactly his plans entail but I've called this meeting to let everyone know that no one is allowed off the compound, not until the situation is handled."

"But...." Alessando began.

"Groceries are being bought presently by some of the men on the compound so food isn't a problem," Allegro seemed to have answered Alessando's question because he just smiled at his oldest brother.

"Are we going to go on the offensive?" Dallas asked.

"As of right now, no, but during the next few days something will be decided." Allegro muttered.

Rome gulped, grabbing Alejandro's hand before Allegro dismissed the meeting.

~*~

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

things are heating up
& FYI i've finished writing this book just waiting to post each chapter ;)

also

i posted a biker romance on my profile called 'Skulls' check it out if interested!

more to come

;)