Fourteen

Alejandro

Alejandro peaked his head through his bedroom door, he'd just come back from a meeting with his brothers and his excitement to see Rome was rolling off him in waves. His gaze noticed her quickly, laying on the carpet with her drawing book and art supplies she'd shyly asked for a few days ago in front of her. She was biting her lip, something he realized she did when she was thinking, her thin eyebrows furrowed together as she tapped her pencil to the paper.

Alejandro couldn't make out exactly what she was drawing but decided to make his presence known by stepping inside. Her green eyes met his quickly and she smiled, her dimples showing briefly before she stood up and walked over to him, inserting him into her arms, something she did whenever he returned to her after going out. It was a routine Alejandro had come to look forward too.

"Il mio tesoro," he greeted her. (My treasure)

حبيبتى

She answered, (My love)

Alejandro had noticed when she'd started to call him that but hadn't asked what it meant, he knew he could always try to google translate the Arabic but oddly, he liked not knowing.
"What are you working on?" He asked.

She shrugged, "Just doodling," she said, grabbing the paper and handing it to him.

The picture was a landscape, filled with mountains and Alejandro nearly went wide eyed at the amazing detail, "You're extremely talented!"

Rome blushed, "Thank you," she said softly, "How was your meeting?"

Alejandro shrugged, "It wasn't anything important, Allegro introduced some new men to their new duties. It was an orientation of some sort,"

Rome nodded moving towards the bed, her gaze expectantly on him. Alejandro didn't catch her hint, he'd still been sleeping on the couch even though Rome had thrown massive hints at him that she wouldn't have minded if he slept beside her and yet Alejandro had missed every one of them. Alejandro shrugged off his suit jacket walking towards his dresser and placing the fabric inside, "Greece mentioned you improved on your combat skills today,"

At the mention of her achievement, Alejandro noticed her grin, "oh yeah! And I even hit two of the targets when I was shooting!" She grinned.

Her enthusiasm was contagious as Alejandro smiled to himself, happy that she was improving and was being such a good sport about the training.
"I also should let you know that Elliot's been keeping a close eye on Sai," he paused waiting for her reaction, "He's still looking for you, but whether he knows you're with us, isn't clear."

Rome nods, her body stiff, a habit Alejandro noticed she did whenever he had to bring up her father. Alejandro prided himself on being able to read body language and Rome's he'd easily been able to pick up on, "We've already ended all dealings with him and—"

"What happens if he finds out I'm here, with you?" Her question cut him off.

"If I have anything to say about it, nothing. You'll be safe and staying here with me." His voice came out firm.

"He'll try to get me back." Rome shook her head.

"He won't." Alejandro adds.

"What if he does and one of you gets hurt... or the children... or you," she mutters.

Alejandro shakes his head, approaching her, "None of that. No one will get hurt—" Alejandro pauses as if realizing what this could lead too.

"—and don't you even think about leaving for me or anybody else's protection," he narrowed his eyes.

A blush formed on Rome's cheeks and Alejandro kissed her forehead, "Cause I'd just find you and bring you back," he smirks which caused Rome to roll her eyes.

"I was supposed to ask," Rome began, "When I first came to the compound, your rule.... what exactly is it?" She asked.

Alejandro gave her a small smile, "No one other than family and those who work for us are allowed on the compound, it was a rule a made years ago....."

Rome nodded, "— and you let me on the compound... because you consider me close to you?"

Alejandro nodded his head at her unsure expression, "Yes tesoro," (treasure)

"Why?" She asked, "Why make the rule?"

Alejandro gulped, his expression wincing a little, "When I was younger, I fell in love with this girl," he watched her expression fall a bit, "— and I was happy, I thought she wanted to be with me for me but it just so happened she only wanted information on my family."

Alejandro avoided her gaze, "She was using me and I put my brother's in danger and after I found out, I made the rule."

There was silence before Alejandro felt Rome take his hand, "I'm sorry that happened to you,"

Alejandro sent her a smile.

"It's in the past." He muttered, lifting their joined hands and kissing hers.

~*~

That night Alejandro like every night since she'd been there, fell asleep on the couch. Rome had been in the shower and while he usually waited for her to be settled before he fell asleep, he just happened to be exhausted and drifted to sleep quickly. Fifteen minutes later, in his dreamless sleep, Alejandro felt soft lips caress his forehead and his grey eyes fluttered open and he looked up sleepily at Rome who was standing over him.

"Tesoro?" He asked, sleepily, "Are you okay? Did something happen?" He asked rubbing his eyes.

In his still blurry gaze, he saw Rome shake her head, "No, but you're still on the couch," she muttered.

Alejandro's eyebrows creased, "Do you want me to come on the bed?" He asked.

Rome nodded humming, "Mhmm,"

Alejandro stood up and walked over and taking the left side, Rome settled in beside him before he closed his eyes again and suddenly Alejandro heard her clear her throat and he peeked an eye open to see her glaring cutely at him.

"Coccole!" (cuddles) she said in Italian.

This made Alejandro give off a small chuckled before pulling her into his chest. He felt her let out a content sigh before he finally drifted off to sleep again, this time with his tesoro wrapped in his arms.

~*~

A U T H O R ' S    N O T E

im sorry but I luv these two so much

*dramatic tear fall*

ugh the cuteness i cannot

(they lowkey might be my fav couple & if any of you snitch I'll stop writing the book 🙂)

anywho 😗

more to come

;)