Ten

Unknown

From a distance, they could see her; Sai's daughter. The young woman was staying in the motel and in truth hadn't been easy to find but Sai had paid them good money to bring his daughter back so they had no choice but to do just that. The leader signaled for their team of three to halt as movement increased and another car pulled up. They watched in interest as Alejandro Martini stepped out of the vehicle.

"What the fuck?" One man said quietly.

"Was that supposed to happen?" Another asked.

The leader shook his head, "No, it was not."

What the actual hell were the Martini's doing here?

They watched as Arturo Martini stood leaning against the car as three women approached him. They spoke briefly before entering another car close by as Arturo seemed to be keeping watch. Their orders were strict, get the girl, get out. This was a major inconvenience. Moments later, Alejandro walked out with their precious cargo wrapped in his arms with what looked like her belongings on his shoulder. They held their position knowing they did not have the kind of weapons to take on the Martini's. They watched as Rome Khalil got into the backseat with Alejandro Martini and the two cars drove away. They cursed, what the fuck had just happened?

Ren had attended to her at the diner and now as he watched the cars disappear into the distance he wished he'd snatched her last night.

"Ren, we have to notify Mr. Khalil."

"Yeah, I know,"

~*~

Alejandro

Alejandro had been staring. Rome was seated beside him as Arturo drove them back to the compound. Her head laying against the window as her eyes watched her surroundings fly by, in truth, Alejandro could not believe that she was beside him. Elliot had scoured the internet looking for any traces of her; he'd hacked street cameras and small motel's online guest list until he'd managed to find her location. She was four hours away from the compound and as Alejandro had stepped out of the car, he didn't know what to think.

Would she have wanted to see him?

What would be her reaction if he asked her to come stay with him?

But as he was seated beside her now all he felt was his heart blossoming in his chest as she turned her head to meet his, a small smile erupted onto her lips as her hand, as if it was the most casual thing in the world to do entwined her fingers with his. Alejandro couldn't help but smile to himself as they continued their drive in silence. An hour later, Arturo's phone buzzed and he answered it quickly, before handing it to Alejandro.

Allegro was on the line.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

Alejandro took another look at his tesoro (treasure) and answered, "She's safe and we're on our way back now."

Allegro hummed through the phone, "Good, I'm happy to hear it— also tell Arturo that his son won't stop eating Elliot's fingers," Allegro said chuckling.

Arturo who'd heard the comment chuckled before Alejandro and Allegro said their goodbyes.

As Alejandro leaned forward to give Arturo his phone back his own phone buzzed as well and he scanned it quickly before noticing Laya's message in their group chat.