5

My thoughts ran wild as I stood at the grocery store, I was making a big decision..."macaroni or fettuccine?" I whispered under my breath. I grabbed both boxes and gripped them tightly, almost as if I was asking them the question. Sighing I chose fettuccine, I chucked it into the cart and looked at the time...2:00. One more hour until the date, the thought of it made my heart race a little. I maneuvered my cart to one of the cashier lines and waited
-
The pattering of my shoe hitting the concrete was all I heard, and maybe the heaving of my breath...but I'm now stuck in a stupid situation, I'm basically and literally running late for the date. You see I decided to walk back home instead of taking the bus back and it took me a good 20 minutes to do so. And the stupid elevator broke, so walking up to the 8th floor was not as easy. And as of now Im running to the Café with only 5 minutes left...but thank god I made it on time. I yanked the door open and saw the one and only Na Jaemin doing his thing behind the counter. I looked around searching for Seonghwa, but to no avail. My shoulders slumped a little, disappointment running through me. I sat at one of the tables and pulled out my phone..."3:08"...I mumbled out.
The bell rang causing me to look up instantly, but again it was not Seonghwa. This dude really likes being late. Putting that thought to the side, I scrolled endlessly down on my phone. The sound of my nails hitting the glass screen was heard. But after a good 5 minutes of scrolling, it seemed to bore me. My stomach rumbled and that was a cue for me to order something. The loss of heat from my seat made me grumble as I walked towards the short line. It went pretty fast and next thing you know it was my time to order. A cute gummy smile greeted me, I wondered who he was...was he new? I had never seen him before. Looking into his eyes I ordered..."8.57 is your total, and may I get a name please?" His little cute voice spoke out, not being weird or anything but it sent shivers down my spine. It was smooth and deep, I shook my head to get those weird thoughts out and replied..."It's y/n." My voice sounded oddly raspy and my cheeks held a tint of pink from embarrassment. I handed him my card and once it was done I left to go to my seat...
-
"Y/N! Order for Y/N!"
That voice brought me out of my trance, I was a bit disappointed because it was already 3:17 but I still had hope for him to come. My hands grabbed the tray on top of the counter and I headed straight to my table. The cake seemed marvelous and looking at it made my mouth salivate. And before I knew it I began to devour it.
My attention was yet again diverted to someone pulling out the chair in front of me, I looked up and it was that cute cashier from earlier.
"Hi! Im Johnny:]"(hEheHE Morks voice lol...I'm sorry if it seems random that I Added Johnny boy I just had plans for him in this trash ass book...)
He said with his cute gummy smile, I automatically smiled upon seeing it. But I soon quirked a brow up from his sudden approach.
"Hi Johnny...what brings you here?"
My voice came out almost like a whisper, I was confused on why he would approach me all of a sudden.
"Oh nothing, I just saw you sitting here alone and just in time my shift ended."
The answer seemed believable and so I nodded. Looking up to him again I opening my mouth to say something again...
"Uhhh...what do you want to talk about?"
I tried to amp up the nonexistent conversation we had. Johnny didn't reply for a little while too busy thinking about whatever was on his mind. He snapped out of his daze and answered me, cutting the slightly awkward silence.
"I don't know...Ohh let's start with you answering my question! Why are you sitting here alone?"
His question made me remember the reason why I was here, I looked at the time displayed on my phone: 3:38....I sighed and began to answer his question with a bit of disappointment laced with my voice.
"I was originally suppose to be here with a guy but...he sort of didn't show up?"
Saying that last part as if it was a question. I just sipped on my tea looking out the window. But I again diverted my eyes on Johnny.
"Oh so your date ditched you? How can he ditch such a wonderful lady like you! He's missing out..."
My cheeks tinted a color of pink once he said that. I was going to say something but all of a sudden, Johnnys phone rang. He got up and went outside to answer it, giving me sometime to think about why Seonghwa didn't make it. But minutes later Johnny comes back, I could see he's in a hurry. He quickly asked me
"Hi sorry I have to leave you soon...but can I get your number?"
I didn't hesitate and tapped my number into his phone and waved him goodbye. Slowly having my thoughts devouring me as I sipped my tea.