14

"Sure"
That simple word lifted all those invisible bricks off my shoulders. I looked at the 5 boxes stacked next to my door, and sighed.
"Um Seonghwa, Can You maybe pick me up like now. I have 5 boxes with me..."
I said to him. Hearing him say ok on the other line was the most reassuring thing I had ever heard for the past 2 hours. He ended the call while I looked around at my apartment. It was quite nice knowing I didn't pay my rent for this month, so I could just leave without saying anything to my landlord. My stuff might be a burden to move but I would rather have people remove it than keep it with me for the rest of my life.
My fingers brushed over a frame, the picture inside displayed my older brother, my mom, and of course me. All smiling without a care in the world, not knowing that the happiness wouldn't last long. Looking over to the side of the picture I saw the tear marks. Remembering I teared that wretched man out of the picture, his face made my blood boil. I looked at the other items in my room, every item carrying a small story. It made me feel sad knowing I was leaving a small part of me in this apartment soon. Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes, but I wouldn't dare let them fall.
-
My phone made a ding noise, signaling that someone texted me.
"I'm here outside"
It was Seonghwa. I didn't know how to carry all of these boxes out by myself, so I decided to do it 1 at a time. And living on the 8th floor didn't help with my problem. I arrived at the lobby and decided to rest, but was surprised with Seonghwa sitting at one of the couches. His head lifts up after I dropped the box on the marbled floors, he got up and walked over to me. Looking like one of those professional models, his fancy dress shoes clicking on the floors added on to his intimidating aura.
He lifted the box up and signaled me to go back up to get the rest of them.
-
That process took me a good 15 minutes, and I ended up being the one that was out of breath and slightly sweaty. Seonghwa on the other hand still looked like freaking god. We were both back in the lobby to take a rest, but me being me I wanted to go back up to my apartment to look at it one more time. One thing I didn't notice was that Seonghwa was following me, while waiting in the elevator I noticed him. The door of my apartment opened while I stepped in trying to remember everything about this apartment one last time. Going room to room, I ended up in my bedroom. My shelf filled with all my favorite books, all my albums, and school binders. I smiled remembering the excitement that rushed through me when I got my first book. Hearing Seonghwa's footsteps around my apartment getting near, I turned around. Looking up to his face and smiling.
"I think It's my time to leave this place now."
I tried saying it without my voice breaking. Feeling a lump in my throat while I tried holding back my tears. My feet lead me towards the entrance, opening it up I went straight towards the elevator. Hearing Seonghwa close the door, I let a tear drop. But that tear was followed with more, they flowed out like a river. Dropping my head, I heard the elevator ding and I got in. Without realizing I felt Seonghwa's hands around mine. The warmth around his hands brought comfort, but I couldn't stop crying.
Maybe it was the fact that I am once again leaving all my memories with the people I first met when I escaped for the 2nd time. Or maybe it was because I had to restart a new life again, knowing that I had to do this for another 10 years before that asshole dies.
-
The elevator door opened and Seonghwa guides me towards his car. His hand never leaving mine. He opened the door to his car while I got in, my head still hanging low. The warmth of his hands leaving mine, making me feel lonley. He got in on the other side, and started the car. He started driving while holding my hand, my whimpering was heard throughout the car ride. And before I knew it, crying tired me out and I was fast asleep hand still holding onto Seonghwa's.
-
Vote and comment!!

-Vote and comment!!