chapter five

"Why are we out here?" Asuna wanted nothing more than to stay in her room until she had a mission, but Happy had been begging her to take him for a walk. "I already told you, you haven't been consuming enough air. You won't be able to use any spells if you don't get enough. And I'll die!" Asuna sighed as she pulled out her grimoire. "Such a drag. Sky- Mana Magic: Breath of the sky," Asuna's hair began to glow a golden color as she felt the air fill her lungs. She could feel her mana being replenished as well. Once she had consumed enough she turned to Happy. "Satisfied?" Rubbing his belly, Happy nodded with a content look on his face. "Yep!" 

Suddenly, Asuna and Happy turned as they sensed a large source of mana. "What the-" A large ball of water was collecting in the air. Asuna noticed a girl hovering in the middle. Asuna's eyes widened as she saw Asta running from a powerful stream of water. "Sky Magic: Sky Chariot" A chariot appeared under Asta and Asuna, carrying them back to the base. 

As they got closer to the other Black Bulls Asuna pulled the chariot to a stop, throwing Asta forward, directly into Yami's hand. "See that? Do something about it." 

"Do something? Okay, I'll try! Wait, how am I supposed to get up there? I can't exactly fly, so-"

"I don't wanna hear your excuses. Just suck it up, newbie! Dig deep and push past your limits!" With those words, Yami sent Asta flying directly towards the ball of water. Asta screamed before realizing what was happening and pulling out his sword. With one swipe of his sword, he cut the sphere in half. Before the two could plummet to their death's Finral made a portal taking them both directly to the ground. Asuna watched the whole thing with a bored expression on her face as she sat on the ground. 

Asuna had to admit that the amount of mana was pretty impressive but she honestly just wanted to rest some more in her room. 

"Yeah, I didn't die! Asuna did you see me?" Asuna's tired expression was quickly replaced by a huge smile as she held a thumb up to her brother. "Good job, Asta!" Asta smiled before remembering the girl he just saved and turning to her. "Hey Noelle," he paused as he walked closer to her, "you know you got yourself some crazy magic power! I mean it's freaking amazing! Really I don't have any magic power, like none! All you need is some training to get it under control and you'll be strong, unstoppable!" 

Asuna walked up to the two and threw an arm around her brother. "I use mana magic so I'm sure I have a reinforcement spell that can help you get your crazy amount of mana under control," Asuna said calmly with a smile. 

⊱ ────── {.⋅author's note ⋅.} ────── ⊰

sorry for the short chapter, another update should be out soon with a longer chapter!