chapter twelve

Asuna stood alongside Klaus, Mimosa, Noelle, and Freya as they got an update on the situation

Asuna stood alongside Klaus, Mimosa, Noelle, and Freya as they got an update on the situation. "We're still searching for that noisy-. I mean, lively boy from the Black Bulls as well." The three girls all had a solemn look at his comment which didn't go unnoticed by Klaus. "They haven't had him for long and he's a fighter. When he gets back, I'm going to slap that boy silly."

A large influx in magic power caught Asuna's attention, especially once she realized how familiar it felt. Suddenly the Wizard King appeared before her, holding Asta. "Hey there everybody. Nice work today."

"Man for a second there I seriously thought that'd be it for me" Asuna sighed in relief before running up to him and throwing her arms around him. "I was so worried. You told me, "I got this". Liar!"

"Sorry Asuna. But I'm okay!" Klaus came running up to the two making Asuna release him and take a step away. Her eyes landed met the Wizard Kings. She nodded in silent thanks making the Wizard King smile.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

A few days had passed and Asuna found herself seated in front of the Wizard King in his office. "I don't have much time to talk, considering everything, but I felt it was important to explain your past to you. If you want to hear it." Asuna twiddled with her thumbs awkwardly, refusing to meet his eyes. "S-sure."

"I'm sure you've heard about the Golden Mage. She was powerful and one of the best Magic Knights I've ever met. Her hair turned gold when she used her magic but even when she was just being herself, it was like she was golden. She could light up a room within seconds. When we first met, she hated my guts. I was always chasing after Aurelia, but she wanted to focus on being a Magic Knight so she always turned me down."

"Aurelia? That was her name?" Asuna asked, with her eyes shining.

"Very befitting, it means gold, you know. She finally accepted my date request one day and when I became Wizard King, I asked her to marry me. Aurelia was kind, brave, honest, and never failed to make me laugh, your mother was perfect. I was out on a mission, two months after you were born. An assassin snuck into the castle and killed her while she was sleeping. He was going to kill you as well, but before Aurelia died, she cast a barrier spell around you. I was terrified and refused to let anything happen to you. So I gave you to a Magic Knight and told him to take you far away, somewhere safe from me and your title. The kingdom was told that you were killed the same night as Aurelia. The Golden Mage, Aurelia Novachrono and Princess Elena Novachrono, both gone in the same night. I know you'll never see me as your father, and I understand if you can't forgive me for sending you away but I would like it if I had some sort of relationship with you. Maybe we write letters to keep in touch. I don't know, but I know your mother would hate it if she saw us now. I'm sorry El-. I'm sorry Asuna. Please-"

"Wizard King." Asuna cut him off, her eyes finally leaving her hands to look at him.

"Julius. No. Dad. No. Um, I'm not really sure what to call you. But thank you for telling me about mom. Of course, I don't blame you, it's just a lot to take in but-. But I would like it if we stayed in touch. I'll send you letters about all of my missions. And if you don't mind, maybe on my days off, I can stop by."

A few tears streamed down Asuna's face. After years of not knowing, she finally knew why she was left in Hage that one day and why she had the grimoire of the Golden Mage. Though Asuna couldn't help but feel sad. Sad she never got to meet her mother and that now she didn't even know how to address her father.

"I don't mind at all, Asuna. Stop by as often as you like. And you can call me whatever you want."

"Okay, well. You know, um, when it's just us two, I wouldn't mind if you called me Elena." Asuna wiped her tears before looking back at the Wizard King. "Did mom pick it out?" Asuna asked hopefully.

"Yeah, she did. I suggested we name you Anastasia, but Aurelia shot that down pretty quickly." Asuna laughed lightly. "I think I like Elena and Asuna better. I have to go, but I'll write to you soon."

"Of course and be safe, Elena. Being a Magic Knight is a dangerous job." Asuna laughed lightly as she made her way to the door. "Just because we talked doesn't mean you can start giving me fatherly lectures."

"Oh? Sorry, Asuna. I mean, Elena. I just-"

"I was kidding. Thanks, dad" Asuna didn't wait for a response before stepping out the door.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"Asta!" Asuna threw her arms around her brother who currently stood with Noelle and Charmy. "Hey Asuna, where have you've been?" Asuna smiled as she released her bother. Part of her knew she should tell Asta, but for now, she decided to keep it a secret.

"Around. Hey, look there's the Golden Dawn." Asta turned to the group of four and started to wave. "Guys!"

"Hi, Yuno!" Asuna yelled.

"I'd know that yell anywhere" Klaus muttered. "Oh hi, Asta!" Mimosa called. Freya turned to Yuno, the two stood side by side holding hands. Freya had a habit of holding his hand whenever they were walking together. Yuno stopped commenting on it after a while since he didn't particularly mind it. "That's Asta?" Freya asked, excitedly. "Yeah"

"Yuno, hey! I heard you went and finished off some enemy like it was nothing, you jerk!"

"That makes me a jerk?" Yuno asked, stoically. "What's the matter with you? Aren't you at least going to say hi or something? Oh, you think you're too good for me because you're super powerful now? Come on, a simple hey wouldn't kill ya!"

Yuno stepped forward and opened his grimoire. "Yuno" Freya groaned in annoyance, already knowing what he was planning. A powerful wind attack shaped like a bird came flying at the Black Bulls. Asta pulled his sword out of his grimoire and chopped the bird, making it disappear. "I may have overdone it" Freya sighed, letting go of Yuno's hand and pulling out her own grimoire.

Butterfly wings sprouted from her back. She flew down to the Black Bulls. "Hi Asta! I'm Freya Lupton. I've heard a lot about you from Yuno! It's nice to meet you! Oh hi again, Asuna! It's really great to meet you two! You're just as powerful as Yuno made it seem. Hi Noelle! Everything good?"

"Yeah, everything's good, Freya. You're just as cheerful as ever" Freya simply smiled in response. "You and Yuno seem pretty close, Freya." Asuna commented, making Freya's cheeks grow red. "Yeah, I guess. We did go on a date that one time-. Anyway, Asta, that sword of yours is really cool! I can't believe you have no magic but you're a Magic Knight. That's impressive! And Asuna, I haven't seen you in action, yet, but I can tell you're strong!" Freya glanced back up to Yuno, only to see him walking away. She sighed before turning back to the Black Bulls. "Despite how Yuno acts, he really cares about both of you."

"Wow, you're really sweet Ms. Freya!" Freya laughed at Asta. "Just call me, Freya! Well, I'll see you guys around!"

"You knew her Noelle?" Asuna asked as she watched her land beside Yuno and immediately take his hand in her own as she started a conversation with him. "Yeah. Freya Lupton, she's the youngest in her family and the only girl but she's gonna be the head of her house when she's of age. She doesn't seem like it, but she's really strong."

"You big dork, why are you so mean to Asta? And you didn't even talk to Asuna!" Freya told Yuno as they walked. "I have to train, you want to help?" Yuno told her, ignoring her comment. Freya sighed before nodding in agreement. "Of course"

────── {.author's note .} ──────

i'm thinking about changing the title of this story so please comment any suggestions! I'll be sure to tag and give credit to whoever's suggestion i choose! also, i made a new cover!

anyway, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and hope you like freya, because i love her! okay thanks for reading!