Chapter 1

It had been over a week now since Izuku started waking up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep. Usually he would be covered in sweat, left as a mark of his constant nightmares. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Midoriya Izuku was frequently suffering from nightmares. In his dreams, he would most often see his friends and his mom captured and tortured by villains while he was forced to watch. Other times, he would dream that All Might was suffering a slow and painful death, while he could do nothing to help and sometimes the dreams would be about himself.

Those dreams were in some way the worst. Not that the dreams about his friends didn't leave him shaking and unable to function for hours at a time, but his fear of his and All Might's secret being discovered was on a whole other level. He was scared of what would happen. How would he be able to protect those dear to him, if something happened to him? Izuku would always wake up and let One for All course through him, and let the feeling of immense power at his disposal lull him into a sense of security.

This time, he had relived the training camp, but his arms had been severed off and he could do nothing as his classmates were murdered in cold blood. Izuku felt sick to his stomach and decided to get a glass of water for his parched throat. The sweat made his clothes stick to him and for a few moments he debated whether to go downstairs and take a shower or just change once he stopped sweating. Finally, after he had downed a glass of ice cold water he kept in his fridge, he rummaged around for a clean t-shirt and another pair of shorts.

A few minutes later Izuku found himself creeping down the hallway and heading for the elevator. He tried his best to make no sounds and prayed to the gods that he didn't wake up Tokoyami or Aoyama. Or even worse, Mineta. The perverted teenager would most definitely insinuate that he was trying to break into the girls room, or harass him about why Izuku was showering in the middle of the night. He didn't feel like being questioned by Tokoyami either and just hurried along to hallway. Luckily no one came charging at him, demanding where he was going at this time of the night.

Breathing a sigh of relief, he pressed the button for the elevator and waited patiently. The dorm was so peaceful at this time and Izuku found himself hoping he could spend his nights as calmly as he felt now. The fear that usually lingered after his nightmares had dissipated and didn't feel as tense any more. The elevator doors opened with a ding and closed again after he entered. Izuku rolled his shoulders while he waited for the doors to open again.

'Maybe I should go running when I wake up.' He was seriously considering exercising despite knowing how exhausted he was going to be come morning. He finally exited the elevator and headed straight for the baths.

That was another thing Izuku had started doing lately; relieving stress through exercise and training. He wasn't pushing himself, he knew that his teachers all kept a close eye on him and he honestly didn't want to make anyone worry. He just wanted to burn off some excess energy and clear his head. Izuku decided that he would see how he felt in the morning.

Once Izuku reached the bath, he stripped down and jumped into the nearest shower cubicle. He waited for a second while the water warmed up and then stepped under the jet of hot water. Another sigh of relief left him as he washed away all his worries. The water felt great as it ran down his shoulders and back, loosening up his stiff muscles.

'It was just a dream. I'm safe here. We even have guards outside the building, nothing can happen here.' Izuku repeated to himself, soaking in the warmth of the water. He quickly rinsed his hair and body, but stayed under the running water for a couple more minutes. He was finally calm again.

Once dressed, Izuku headed back into the lounge area and stopped short when he noticed a familiar head of brown hair sitting in one of the sofas. Not wanting to scare her, Izuku approached from the side where Uraraka could easily spot him softly calling her name.