Chapter 21

Thank you everyone so so so much for 5k reads! I never thought this story would have so many readers! Enjoy this chapter!

Learning the truth about becoming All Might's successor hadn't brought Izuku the clarity he had expected to reach, instead it had fueled the fiery determination inside him along with his wish to improve himself and become stronger than ever before. But as life would have it, not everything went as planned.

Izuku had been so caught up in meeting Nighteye and all the revelations that had followed, he completely forgot about confiding in his mentor about his own troubles. If he was being completely honest with himself, he kept putting it off because he was scared of what All Might would say. Izuku genuinely feared his mentor's reaction and didn't want to disappoint the legendary hero with his stupid nightmares. All Might already had so much on his plate that he didn't need Izuku to impose on him as well. At least, that was what he kept telling himself.

Once Izuku returned to the dorm, he headed straight for his room and hit the books. A lot of his time had been spent agonizing over matters that were out of his control and as a result, his studies had been suffering. It wasn't that his grades were getting bad, he still held his academic ranking amongst his peers, but lately he had become unable to focus in class and was behind on reading. If he wanted to succeed at being a hero, he would have to buckle up and study harder. Sighing, Izuku flipped open his textbook and started reading for his next class.

The day after his debut as Red Riot, Kirishima entered his class with a little apprehension. The events at his patrol the previous day still felt surreal to him, but the encouragement and praise he had received from the civilians he had protected was making his chest swell with pride that he promptly pushed back again. It wouldn't do to become cocky in the very beginning of his internship and let his ego inflate. No, he had to keep his cool and focus on helping out wherever he could.

An image of Amajiki-senpai flashed before his eyes and he briefly wondered how his senior was holding up. He hadn't heard anything from Fatgum about his senpai's current condition and figured they would call if something happened. Eijiro had been thinking about Amajiki's loss of his quirk when Kaminari approached him, waving his phone around with an article about Kirishima's debut displayed. Uraraka and Tsuyu-chan had been spotted too and each sported a small smile at the praise they received.

As the rest of the class uuh'ed and aah'ed, Iida promptly reminded them all that although being an intern was important, the biggest responsibility of a student was to stay focused and not neglect his or her studies. Kirishima agreed with the class president and had even gone to him for more tutoring even though Aizawa-sensei had prepared supplementary lessons for him. Eijiro had vowed to himself that he would improve his grades by the end of the term and he would stop at no means before he succeeded. With that in mind, his gaze swept the handful of people who had already agreed to help him study and he felt himself sharpening his focus.

Now that he had debuted as a rookie hero, he had to keep up with everything else.

Later that week Izuku was heading out to another day of hard labor with Nighteye, but was surprised to find Kirishima as well as Uraraka and Asui on their way to their respective internships. After the initial greetings the four of them headed out together escorted by a pro hero and found out their destination was the same. They rode the same train together, got off at the same station and were all headed to Nighteye's offices.

"That's odd." Izuku mumbled to himself as they all turned another corner and spotted The Big 3 waiting outside the very same building they were supposed to meet at. After greeting their upperclassmen, the four of them followed closely behind, not aware of what was about to happen inside.