Chapter 26

It's Finally happening!!!! This was so much fun to write! Sorry for the wait but I hope you enjoy! Also let me now in the comments if your interested in supporting me on Patreon and If I should make an account! Now enjoy!

By some miracle, lunch had passed without Izuku dying from embarrassment or running away to hide until his next class began. The boys had calmly explained to him that girls needed to be wooed properly before anything resembling a relationship was in order. Izuku hadn't really considered entering a relationship before it was brought up and found himself sweating excessively at the mere thought. He had just established that he liked Uraraka and was steadily developing feelings for her, but jumping straight to a relationship was terrifying and completely out of question, so the four boys settled for asking her out.

"First of all you have to ask her on a date. Then you need to follow up with a second one where you bring her a gift to show your dedication and on the third one you can declare your undying love to her." Kaminari had drawn an entire flow chart depicting all events leading up to a confession and was pointing out various steps that apparently were key to success.

To Izuku, it was all very overwhelming and he couldn't help but think many of the included steps were unnecessary. Was dating really that complex? The freckled boy had never given it much thought, but the couples he had observed had made it look easy and effortless. Perhaps it came with time or maybe there really was some sacred ritual you needed to perform before you received the dating gods' blessing. All in all, Izuku slightly feared that he would have to do something embarrassing when he approached the brunette, but he was assured by his friends that it wouldn't get to that.

The first step of the plan was to work up the courage to invite Uraraka on a date, so that was what they four boys worked on for the remainder of the break. Sero helped Izuku practice looking confident while Kaminari helped him with how to sound suave and not stumble over his words. Kirishima acted as moral support and a stand-in for Uraraka, while he also gave feedback on Izuku's progress.

When lunch break was over, the freckled teen walked back to class with a billion thoughts swirling inside his head. He had given in to his classmates and had practiced what they thought would ensure the highest rate of success, but something about their current approach didn't sit right with Izuku. He was bothered by how alien it felt when he tried to mimic Sero's strut or Kaminari's pickup lines, but ended up pushing the thought to the back of his mind. He was, after all, completely new in the romance department and figured it would require experience before he would feel in his element like the other boys had been. Izuku left the thoughts at the door to his classroom and did his best to focus on his history class.

"Midoriya." Izuku had been about to go to the bathroom when Todoroki called out to him. He and Iida were standing by the class president's desk and waited for him to come over. It was nearing the end of the day, but the students had another break for half an hour before the final classes of the day began.

"Yes?" Izuku noted that Todoroki's brows were furrowed and took it as a sign of worry. Iida, too, was unusually quiet as the moss-haired teenager approached his two friends. He didn't miss the looks they exchanged before Iida made a small nod.

"You were gone for the whole lunch break. What did Kirishima and the others want?" Todoroki asked as his eyes flicked between Izuku and the group of boys that was currently trying to get a rise out of Bakugou – and succeeding. The blond boy looked ready to explode, no pun intended.

"Did something happen?" Iida inquired and adjusted his glasses that slipped down his nose. Izuku's heart warmed at the sight of his friends' concern and mentally noted to do something nice for them in a random act of kindness.