Chapter 17

Enjoy the chapter! (:

The following week passed as a blur for class 1A. Super move training had picked up once again and the interning students were extremely busy juggling both. The summer heat was bordering on unbearable, but the aspiring heroes never let it get in the way of their duties. During another study session with Iida, Izuku had been approached by Todoroki, whose eyes looked distant.

"Midoriya. Do you have a minute?" The heterochromic teenager came to a stop next to his two classmates that had been pouring over their books for hours now.

"Sure. Is everything okay?" The freckled boy inquired and exchanged a glance with the class president, who also had noticed the strange air around their friend.

"You seem troubled." Iida remarked lightly. It was unusual for the ever-composed Todoroki to have his brows scrunched together in thought.

"I guess? Ah, well I need your help." Todoroki replied and nodded towards them both. Iida and Midoriya looked at each other again and nodded simultaneously, before clearing some space on the table, so they hybrid quirk user could take a seat.

"What's on your mind?" Izuku asked tentatively, not wanting to rush the other boy, but also giving him leverage to start somewhere. He hadn't experienced a bothered Todoroki before, not like this anyway. It seemed like something was on his mind, but nowhere near as intensely as during the sports festival a few months back.

"Yesterday when we were eating, Uraraka told me that food made her incredibly happy." Todoroki stated and looked up from beneath his bangs. Iida nodded his head and prompted him to continue, while Izuku looked on curiously.

"I was just thinking that if food makes people happy, then surely they would appreciate if someone tried to make them food from scratch, right?" The pair of different colored eyes looked up at the other two present.

"Could it be that there is someone you want to cook for?" Izuku suggested kindly, trying to wrap his head around what his normally aloof friend was saying.

"Yes." He replied simply. Todoroki was always so direct that it made the corners of Izuku's lips twitch upward in a smile. He quickly regained his composure and thought about what his friend had asked. Would a person who enjoyed food appreciate something home cooked?

"If you ask me, I think anyone would appreciate something home-cooked whether or not they were complete foodies." Iida answered thoughtfully to which Izuku nodded his agreement.

"It's a nice gesture and speaks volumes about the effort you put into making them happy." The green haired teen supplied with a smile, having figured out what the ice user's intentions were.

"I see." Todoroki fell silent for a few moments. By now Iida and Midoriya knew him well enough to know he was mulling over their words and not necessarily done with the conversation. As predicted, he looked up again after a minute and addressed them once more.

"How do you cook? I can't make anything aside from rice." He asked curiously and tilted his head a little to the side, almost making Izuku laugh at the mention of his rice.

"Well, that depends on what you want to cook." Iida started and began listing different types of meals and their level of difficulties. The class president wanted to encourage his friend to cook by himself, but knew of his lacking experience in that department.

"Was there something specific you had in mind?" Izuku tried another approach when he could see confusion on poor Todoroki's face. Iida's heart was in the right place, but he was unknowingly overwhelming the ice user with options and information to go with everything.