Chapter 15

Shoutout to Frost-_- and Fuzedblaze for the endless support! Here's the chapter! (:

Kirishima stayed with Midoriya and Uraraka for a while after they discovered his scars. He had instantly detected the strange mood between them, but they didn't seem to be fighting, so he had hung around for a bit, explaining himself. Midoriya had, as expected, reacted strongly to hearing about the scars, which made Eijiro a little happy, since it meant that the freckly boy had no intention of self-harming. At least, it looked like it.

Uraraka, on the other hand, looked like she was ready to faint. Iida had mentioned to him that the brunette seemed to be under a lot of pressure lately, and Eijiro had noticed that as well, but at the moment she looked positively ill.

"Uraraka, you okay?" He asked for the second time that evening. She jumped a little and her eyes snapped up to his, but only mumbled something about being tired, which Kirishima didn't buy for one second.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have told you like that." Eijiro laughed sheepishly and scratched his neck. Midoriya looked up at him and shook his head.

"No, I'm glad you told us. Thank you." The green-haired teenager's brows were furrowed and his eyes wandered over to the brunette on his right every few moments. Kirishima noticed that she was wringing her hands nervously and avoiding eye contact with Midoriya. Maybe he should leave them to sort out whatever was bothering Uraraka, he thought to himself. They looked like they wanted to be left alone, so Eijiro started to get up and return to his own room.

"Man, I'm tired! I'll be hitting the sack soon, so I'll see you guys tomorrow, yeah?" Eijiro stretched his arms behind his back, before bending down to pick up his textbook. As he turned around to head out, Midoriya rose and followed him to the door, closing it behind them as they left Uraraka inside.

"Kirishima-kun... I think I needed to hear your story tonight. Thank you for sharing it with us." Midoriya's hand was still on the doorknob and his eyes were sweeping down the corridor with a faraway look in them.

"Don't sweat it. After what I've been through, I'd hate to see any of my friends go down that same path." Eijiro turned the book around in his hands a couple of times before looking up to meet Midoriya's eyes.

"Yeah." There was an odd expression on Midoriya's face, one that the redhead couldn't really describe. What Kirishima didn't know was that Izuku was seeing a ghost from his own past.

In his mind, the image of a small, isolated boy slumped on the ground had appeared. At first he was alone, but then a big hand reached out to him and pulled him up from the floor. The hand belonged to All Might and more hands started following the pro hero's. His mother's hand, feeling like love and support placed itself on his back. A rough, masculine hand that looked nearly square shaped followed by a smaller, softer and feminine hand with tiny pads on the fingertips. More hands added to the image, one with hardened skin and white scars that lined the surface, another pair of hands was warm and cold at the same time and a third hand that appeared was bigger than a human's, but still kind and warm. Each one grabbed hold of the boy and pulled him up from the floor, guiding him to the faint light he had always been able to see, but never grasp. Not on his own, he realized.

"Midoriya? Did you fall asleep?" Kirishima waved his hand back and forth in front of the unresponsive boy next to him. Finally, a tiny light flickered in the green eyes that had been so dim for weeks and a small smile tugged at the corner of Midoriya's mouth.

"No, I think I just woke up." Izuku replied, feeling the rush of new energy coursing through him. It was like he had been walking around in a haze, which was now dissipating and letting him see clearly again.