Chapter 25

Seeking Comfort is back! Sorry for the wait! Enjoy the chapter!

The following morning Izuku woke once again feeling better rested. He remembered having another nightmare, but this time he wasn't able to recall the contents of his dream. Stretching his limbs, the teenager slowly made his way out of bed and started his day by texting his mother. It had been a while since they had last seen each other and he still needed to tell her about his bad dreams, but he was scared of how she would react. Izuku knew that she would scold him for keeping it to himself, but a tiny part of him didn't want to admit it for fear of looking weak.

It was getting repetitive.

Izuku sighed as he put on his uniform. He was aware that he was intentionally putting off talking to his mother and he was also hoping his brief stint with nightmares would be over soon and he would be spared the conversation. The nightmares had been occurring frequently for over two months, so it was wrong to call it brief and he had promised Uraraka and Kirishima that he would get help. It all came down to facing his mother and making her think the hero profession was too dangerous and pull him out of UA. He was being a huge hypocrite and he knew it. Izuku's phone chimed and he looked down to see a text from Iida.

'Goodmorning, Midoriya! Yaoyorozu and I have to drop by the teacher's lounge and collect printouts, so please go ahead without me. I'll see you in class!' He read and smiled to himself. Iida really took his duties as class representative seriously and Izuku was happy that he never faltered or complained about the workload. Iida was never late and somehow always managed to get to class before the freckled teen, no matter how early he left. Izuku suspected that Iida used his quirk to get there, but the class representative was so adamant about not misusing quirks that it had to be a secret talent he had.

Glancing at his screen, Izuku realized he would be late if he didn't hurry and finish getting ready. His hands had gotten a little steadier when he was tying his school tie, but it still came out crooked. Izuku resolved to one day tie it perfectly and would practice harder every day. It wasn't really that much of an issue, he wasn't violating dress code by any means, but it was something he wanted to improve nonetheless.

As Izuku headed downstairs and grabbed some quick breakfast, he found himself looking for Uraraka. Iida wouldn't be joining them on their way to class and Izuku was secretly happy that he could spend more time together with the brunette. He wanted to ask her advice on how to approach his mom and he also felt it was about time that they spoke about what was happening between them. Izuku had felt it full force last night and he was sure Uraraka also wasn't oblivious to it. Still, it was hard to broach the subject. They had managed to exchange a few kisses without actually addressing the intimacy or the implication of the seemingly innocent act, but Izuku was starting to feel like he was taking advantage of Uraraka and wanted to express his feelings. He wanted to make his intentions clear, even though the thought of telling her how he felt made his stomach knot.

'A hero needs to face every challenge head-on!' He mentally scolded himself, but actually managed to get some of his nerves under control. Polishing off his breakfast Izuku got out of his seat and waved in passing at a sleepy Todoroki who just arrived downstairs and didn't quite look awake yet.

Izuku decided not to tempt fate and have a repeat of the incident that had landed him a trip to Recovery-Girl with the discovery that Todoroki was not to be spoken to until he was completely awake and functioning. Since the dual quirk user's eyes looked glazed over, Izuku continued on his merry way and headed out the door next to Jiro. The slight girl was walking by herself with her ears covered by her headphones and nodded a greeting to Izuku when he passed her by and called out to her. He didn't want to disturb her so he continued his trek towards the main buildings of the campus. It was a good 15 minute walk through the gardens, but Izuku was in no rush.