Chapter 4

Izuku had been standing in front of the door to Uraraka's room for the past 5 minutes, hand still raised to knock. He had tried both calling and texting her, but she hadn't replied even once. Asking Iida and their other classmates led to him finding out that she had been absent that day due to being at her internship. Izuku faintly recalled her telling him she was going to Ryukyu's office the last time they had spoken.

He didn't know what had happened during her day, but he hoped she was alright. Izuku had been worried that her sleep deprived state would hinder her usual performance and lead to mistakes, but Uraraka was careful with herself. She wouldn't let her fatigue get in the way of her duties.

Still, it was unlike the brunette to not answer his texts when she was free. She could, of course, be asleep. Izuku had considered that possibility as well, and if that was the case he would feel horrible for waking her up when she was finally able to rest. For these reasons, the aspiring hero was still standing outside, trying to decide whether or not to knock on the door.

In the end Izuku decided to leave her alone. She might have needed some time for herself since she was keeping her distance or she was taking a nap. With that in mind Izuku returned to the 1st floor where he was supposed to meet his group for their first time cooking together. He had been a little nervous at the prospect, but a part of him was also somewhat excited. He generally liked cooking, but he hadn't cooked with anyone other than his mom before.

Thinking about his mom brought a smile to Izuku's face. She had been so excited when she heard about class A's students cooking for each other and she had greatly encouraged it. She had even offered her assistance if need be. The thought of Inko teaching his classmates the proper way to cut vegetables made him chuckle.

"Ah, there he is! Midoriya, hurry!" Kirishima's voice cut through to him and Izuku looked over to see his hot-blooded friend wearing an apron and waving at him from the kitchen area.

Behind Kirishima were Asui and Todoroki, both wearing identical aprons to the one on the redhead. The hybrid quirk user was pulling uncomfortably at the fabric, examining it. Asui on the other hand looked like it was the most natural thing in the world to be wearing. Izuku could see the fourth apron, which was obviously meant for him, lying on top of the counter and he walked over and started putting it on.

"I'm here. What are we making?" The freckled boy took his place beside Todoroki and looked at the menu. It included rice, fish, steamed vegetables and egg rolls among others. Izuku knew how to cook rice and steam vegetables, but didn't have much experience with seafood.

"I only know how to make rice." Todoroki spoke up beside him, picking up a large knife and testing his grip. Izuku gently took away the knife, not trusting him to wield anything that sharp.

"You don't need a knife to make rice, Todoroki-kun." He sweat-dropped. What kind of rice had he been making before? Suddenly, Izuku feared for everyone's safety.

"Midoriya-chan." Asui had been quiet for a few minutes while working on the soup. Izuku, whose concentration had been solely on chopping vegetable, looked up.

"Yes? Am I cutting the pieces too large?" Izuku remembered his mother saying something about always cutting food into smaller pieces, so maybe his knife wielding skills needed work.

"No, they're fine. It's about Ochaco-chan." The frog-girl glanced at him and returned her attention to stirring the pot with broth.

She motioned for Izuku to add the vegetables, which he did while he waited for her to elaborate. Behind them Kirishima and Todoroki were busy handling the rice and other side dishes, so they weren't paying attention to the conversation between Asui and Izuku.