Ch 8: Changelings Cha-cha

Hazel POV

Someone made the mistake of allowing Isabella Sutherland a camera.

"Sweetheart, smile!" She insisted as a few of the schools servants took the bags from the car.

"Mom..." I mumbled, "this is embarrassing."

Isabella shot me a rare glare from over the camera, "I wont see you for a while, do not tell me you are going to deny me of your smiling face. Either smile or I'm moving in with you."

I smiled, tight lipped.

"Show mum those pearly whites Hazel, your a vampire not a toothless granny."

I burst out laughing.

The camera clicked again as she giggled with me.

I darted away from the schools sign while she was distracted, catching up to Charles as he examined the schools map, "what's wrong dad? I thought you went here?"

"When i was a teenager. Which was a long time ago."

I shrugged, "why not follow the people with my luggage."

"Your mother wants us to go to orientation first."

"Oh. Right." I peered at the map beside him, "hey dad?"

"Yes pumpkin?"

"Why do some vampires look older than others?"

"Pure blooded vampires age to an extent Pumpkin."

"Oh." Weird. I still have a lot to learn, "will I age?"

He was quiet for a moment, "no pumpkin. This is you."

"Well at least I'm not like six then." I replied, unsure if I liked that I would be a teenager forever.

"True." He consented.

The camera clicked again followed by a giggle, "my smart girl and my handsome husband."

Charles smiled a bit, shaking his head, "come on darling we are going to be late."

She sashayed up to us, wrapping her hand in Charles' as we walked down the path. "This is such a pretty school don't you think Hazel?"

It was more like a castle from one of those Netflix shows she likes to point out the inaccuracies in, "yeah its really cool."

Probably still has the creepy dungeon too.

"It was built buy the Romanov family over 500 years ago as a place for the royals to get the best education possible. And the uppermost nobles too." Charles said, "although they later opened to classes as low as knighthood. It remains the best school in our society."

"Cool." I replied, eyeing a particularly nasty gargoyle.

Isabella had taken to taking photos of the buildings, "so lovely, cant you picture yourself studying out here sweetheart?"

"I guess I could if thats allowed."

"Im sure as long as you study its fine.. oh look! Theres where we pick up your school packet."