Ch 20: Yin and Yang

Hazel POV

Almost all of my classes have been changed.

Im in every single one of Hails classes, and I'm pretty sure that was no accident.

The real question is why?

Hail is.... well he's not mean per say.

But he's not nice. He's standoffish, like one might expect of a royal. Obviously stern.

He only seems to indulge in any sort of humor with Sasha.

He doesn't seem to care about me at all. But has helped me.

Basically he's confusing.

Pretty. But confusing.

A blush rose in my cheeks, I generally don't allow myself to think of Mikhail as attractive, but stuck in a room with him every class, every day, the eye starts to wander after a week or so.

Even in a room full of strangely attractive people, the silver haired, teddy bear stealing, douche was for lack of a better word, beautiful.

As if sensing my conflicting thoughts the silver haired vampire looked up from his book, glancing at me with a frown.

I blushed and turned away, pretending to be engrossed by our history lecture.

...which happened to be about the royal family.

I was sitting in class trying to avoid the gaze of a prince while my teacher was telling us all about how totally freaking awesome his family apparently is.

No wonder he was reading something else, I'm sure he already knows all of this stuff.

Still. Its better than some of my other classes here. My professor seems more fascinated by the 'mark in history' my acceptance here means for the vampire race than my actual background.

As such she didn't seem to want to block my education, in fact she encourages me rather harshly not to make my mark in history reflect poorly on such an esteemed academy.

So, it was probably one of my favorite classes, I would rather a teacher aggressively push me to succeed than try and drag me down.

Although I could do without this lecture, the urge to run away growing as a portrait of the first vampire king popped up on the screen.

He looked just like hail. It was actually almost disturbing how tiny the differences were.

Sharp jawline and cheekbones, condescending and predatory blue gaze. Even his frown was the same.

The biggest difference is the hair, obviously styled differently and the first kings hair was black, presumably Hails natural hair color beneath his probably expensive dye job.

Still, it was really unnerving.

I looked away.

Only to see Hail again, attention back on his book, cold bored look on his face.

Sasha snickered a bit, motioning between his friend and the screen.