Ch 18: That Particular Shade of Fuckboy

Hazel POV

I stared at the chalkboard with the large words vampire anatomy on it.

Anatomy.

Of vampires?

What am I going to learn? fang functions?

I had been the first to arrive. My good morning thoroughly ignored by the professor.

But that was okay. She didn't need to like me for me to learn.

No one here needs to like me for me to learn became my internal mantra starting when I walked from my dorm feeling ill.

Although it didn't help much when I was being shoved around by those two boys.

If vampires bruised I was sure that I would have one.

...I suddenly wanted to ask my professor if vampires bruised but didn't want to sound stupid.

And she seemed like a very stern woman.

...at least until Prince Mikhail walked in, a slightly irate Sasha on his heels. "Prince Mikhail!" She practically exclaimed, obviously delighted as she handed him and Sasha a packet. "It is a pleasure to have you in my class,  these are this semesters materials please do ask if you have any questions."

I suddenly wasn't feeling very good about my education. "Uhm.. excuse me Professor Brunt...I didn't get a packet."

Both Sasha and Mikhail looked over at me, as if surprised I was there. They probably didn't notice me when they walked in.

The professor ignored me, "please have a seat wherever you like boys."

I sank a little in my seat, dejected.

Both boys looked to the professor who had gone back to her desk typing away on her computer.

Sasha glanced at Mikhail.

The prince nodded once before walking towards where I sat in the back row.

Sasha swiped a packet from the drawer the professor had them in.

He just opened it and took one without any hesitation much to her surprise, "pizda" he grumbled before address Mikhail, "eto oblazhalsya"

The dark haired boy flopped into the chair in front of me, right next to his silver haired friend. Said silver haired male shrugged a bit, "chto yest', to yest'"

"Uhm." I cut in, "I don't know about yeast but may I please assume that packets for me."

The prince stared at me like I was a fool while Sasha roared with laughter, sliding the packet onto my desk, "I will never be able to say that again without thinking of bread Hazel. Thank you."

I smiled a bit sheepishly at Sasha, "sorry?"

"Don't be. We speak russian when we know others wont understand us. Even though vampires originated in Russia, most pure blooded of them moved to other parts of the world a long time ago. Or they have private tutors instead of school."

"Oh...so why don't you two?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I had a bad habit of threatening the men and seducing the women, and as for Hail... on prekrasno sledit za toboy, potomu chto ty, veroyatno, umresh'."

I blinked, confused, as Mikhail glared at the boy, "I covered why I am here in my speech did I not? I am future king. I should see my people."

That sounded like a giant lie that didn't match his personality but I nodded anyways, "so uhm Prince Mikhail."

The boy practically cringed, "Hail."

"Huh?" I asked, surprised.

"Call me Hail, Medvezhonok"

I blushed a bit as he looked me over.

His eyes were way more intense than any boys had a right to be, "o-okay Hail."

My face grew redder as I said it.

Sasha grinned, "ona takaya milaya Hail, pochemu ya ne mogu yeye trakhnut'?"

"potomu chto ty dash' yey bolezn', ty shlyukha" Hail replied blandly before turning sternly to me, "you need to be sterner."

"What?" I asked.

"Your parents may coddle you but you are a lesser being here, if you do not stand your ground you will probably end up murdered a second time."

I stared at my packet not sure what to say, "I..."

"You are..." he seemed to think for his words, "Sasha, ona pokhozha na zveryushku, kak ty eto snova opishesh' na angliyskom?"

Sasha laughed, "malen'koye zhivotnoye? ili tvoy Medvezhonok." Slowly he smiled at me, "soft. You are too soft Hazel."

Hail nodded a bit, "that sounds about right. So stop being soft."

"But don't be too hard." Sasha hummed, "fighting back can be dangerous for you."

"Dangerous?" I squeaked.

"As civilized as we are..." Sasha began.

"We still tend to kill one another off in a rage sometimes." Hail finished.

"Oh." I squeaked.

"And get used to blood." The silver haired boy continued, "your aversion to it singles you out as different even more than you yourself already do."

"O-okay."

"And don't just go on addressing Hail at any old time because girls will kill you." Sasha snickered.

The prince scowled, "he is correct about addressing me, It will be seen by everyone as a disrespect because I am the future king my bloodline the most pure and you are a changeling." He paused, "plus we are not friends, I just dislike people kicking small animals simply because they can."

"...small animals?" I asked confused.

He waved me off, "any questions? No? Good."

The prince turned back around.

I glared a bit at the back of his head, "just one question... who dyes your hair that particular shade of fuckboy?"

Sasha, started laughing again.

Hail smirked at me over his shoulder, "Kto-to dolzhen otshlepat' tvoyu zadnitsu takoy zhe krasnoy, kak tvoi shcheki, Medvezhonok."

Sasha grinned wickedly, "ya volonter."