Ch 13: Beautiful Girl

Mikhail POV

I looked over the crowd of students, my attention never fully leaving the changeling.

She was in the back, trying to make herself seem small and blend in with the people around her.

Difficult to do with hair like that and while looking like a nervous rabbit.

And the dumbfounded look on her face.

"Hello." I practically purred into the microphone, watching her flinch out of the corner of my eye.

Several girls in front of me practically swooned.

Should I be purposefully setting off the hormones of half the student body? Absolutely not.

Father would blow a gasket.

But I enjoyed watching her flinch.

It was clear she had zero idea who I was last night. "On behalf of my father," I continued, returning to my professional, cold, tone, "I would like to encourage you all to study well and do the best you can to represent the ideal of a vampire to others of our kind." I repressed a smirk, "those less fortunate than us. Those lower class ranks, those not pure, and even changelings. To know this school is so progressive truly makes me proud as future king to know the generation I belong to..."

I savored my next words.

"Is the one to allow the first changeling to ever attend my family's namesake Academy."

Applause no one truly meant for the last part of my speech burst through the air.

My eyes found that of the changeling.

She looked utterly terrified.

This time, I did smirk.

~~

"Hail!" A voice boomed on a laugh as I walked off the stage heading back to my private rooms.

I glanced over at Sasha, his dark hair spiked in practically every direction, obviously having just rolled out of bed, "your uniform is out of place Sasha."

He shrugged, "I'm not a prince I can be a mess."

"As the son a duke? You really shouldn't." I replied cooly.

He tossed an arm around my shoulders, shrugging, "weird speech."

"Hmm?"

"Since when did you care about how progressive we are?"

"I don't."

He looked at me, completely confused, "then why?"

"The Changeling wished to remain anonymous and she had succeeded in pissing me off so..." A girl walked by so I automatically switched to out native tongue, "otvali. trakhni etu devushku."

She smiled and giggled as Sasha winked at her and blew her a kiss, "shlyukha."

I held back a scoff.