Ch 9: Unknown Roads

Hazel POV

My room... was beautiful.

It was on the tenth floor with a bay window overlooking the courtyard below.

Isabella ran her hands over the moldings, "how ornate."

"The schools very old darling," Charles chuckled, "such was commonplace back then."

"Its really cool." I smiled, "peaceful too."

Although I could do without all the ornate antique furnishings I guess I could understand considering the age of the school. It would be a shame to throw it away.

Isabella set out to examine the wardrobe, muttering something about making everything fit.

She insisted on my packing a lot of my casual clothes as well as my uniforms.

I started unpacking my new sheets as her and Charles chatted about additions I would need.

Which apparently included a mini fridge because of my random bouts of hunger still, they didn't want something to happen when the dining hall was closed.

"Pumpkin, the servants can make the bed. don't you want to explore?"

I shook my head, "I think doing this myself will make it feel more like home."

"Well..." Isabella started, "then why don't I start organizing your closet sweetheart?"

"Thanks mom." I smiled.

"Charles, would you mind getting me something to eat from that dining hall?" Isabella asked sweetly.

Her husband smiled at us both, kissing my forehead and her lips before setting off.

"He gets restless," Isabella laughed a bit, "and I wanted to make sure you are ready for this sweetheart."

"I am." I said, fluffing a pillow, "you guys are gonna visit right?"

"Every single time campus is open."

"Then, yes."

"And make sure to call us at least every other day." She stressed, "we got you that phone more for our comfort than yours."

I laughed a bit, "of course."

She smoothed out one of my minidresses, lip quivering, "I just got you..."

"And im still your daughter." I replied with a hug, "I'm only a few hours away."

"True. At least your not oceans away." Nodding a bit to herself she continued to hang clothes, "you know what we need?"

"Hmm?"

"Music!" she exclaimed, pulling out a brand new speaker system out of a box, "tada! For when you are studying or reading or whatever."

It looked really expensive, "oh wow Isabella you didn't have to... I don't even know what type of music I like.."

"well the sound quality on this is perfect for you to find out," she insisted unboxing the speaker.