ch 19: Ridiculous

Hail POV

She writes loudly and murmurs to herself when shes confused.

It annoys me to no end and amuses Sasha.

At least he was amused until the girl next to Hazel in the full classroom snapped at her under her breath, "god its basic shit you stupid changeling. You shouldn't even need the notes."

Hazel finally granted me quiet after that.

Until the sound of Sashas grinding teeth hit my ears.

I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye.

He liked Hazel.

Partly as a thing he could toy with but I knew it was more. The girl was... Sweet for the most part, like the teddy bear she was clutching when I first met her.

It would be easy to feel bad for her and her situation.

Sasha clearly has.

He was always the softer of the two of us. Less responsibility breeds more emotions.

And he's always been one for a damsel in distress.

It certainly didn't hurt that this one was easy on the eyes. Smooth pale skin and big green eyes stood starkly against her black hair, her full lip quivered whenever she was about to cry.

She was truly like a little animal abandoned in a rainstorm.

Sashas that stupid child who wants the pick up the diseased thing and bring it home.

I was feeling very much like the parent who had to make the decision as to if we should take it home and risk rabies.

Sasha was even taking notes now. Just as religiously as Hazel was.

He's going to give them to her I thought, slightly amused.

It looks as though he's already adopted her.

It wasn't wise considering what was probably going to happen to her.

If she never regained her memories of her attack she might be allowed to continue her normal life.

But considering that she seems to be having more vivid dreams and mentioned more than one attacker.

She was eventually going to remember.

And the council would never let it get out about this... thing that they haven't been able to catch. My father would likely have her arrested for some crime she never committed and executed.

At this rate, it would bother Sasha greatly. I should probably give him some warning.

He wouldn't take the news well.

I looked over my shoulder at the dark haired girl.

Her cheeks were red again and she seemed focused on her lap.

I tisked a bit, "too soft."

She peeked at me through her hair.

I wiggled my pencil between my fingers.

She picked her own up and started writing again.

Sasha stopped writing.

I rolled my eyes at him.

He just winked at me mouthing, "shes cute."

And he's an idiot.

~~

"No." Sasha protested as we walked through the school grounds on our free period. "She's just a girl. Like a cute, tiny, girl who's been through enough."

"Shes a changeling Sasha. She has absolutely no status in society."

"But her adoptive parents-"

"Are practically shunned from society because of their marriage there is nothing they can do."

He was quiet for a moment, "do you think we should tell them? The Sutherlands? Charles was a big deal back in his day... maybe he can figure something out."

"That would be directly defying the council and King. It is punishable by death."

"Hail." He said, serious, "she doesn't deserve to die."

"Very few people do but it is out of our hands."

"...not if we prepare Hazel."

"Prepare her?" I asked blandly, "how so?"

"Make her into the perfect Vampire. At least publicly."

I just stared at him like he was an idiot, "that wont change her blood."

"But it might change the mind of someone who's opinion matters, maybe if shes an exemplary vampire the school and other people will take notice and you and your silver snake tongue can convince people in society some shit about how pure blooded can steer even the lowest beings to greatness. You are great at spouting bullshit lies."

I scowled, "thanks. I suppose it might work."

"so?" He pressed, "are we gonna train a changeling? You can still get information from her for the king."

I sighed a bit, "ya ne mogu v eto poverit'... Fine Sasha. We can train your new pet."

He chuckled, "I'm not the one who licked her. Shes your pet, you two are my entertainment."

I scowled at him. "You-"

"Oh look at the time, gotta go fuckboy hair!"

He practically ran off leaving me to stare after him as he threw his arms around two random girls grinning as he no doubt began to seduce them.

Shaking my head I made my way to the deans office.

If I was going to train Hazel Sutherland to be the perfect vampire, I would need some of her schedule to change.

This is ridiculous.