chapter four | the one with the unfortunate crush

C H A P T E R F O U R

the one with
the unfortunate crush

     "Guess who's got a date tonight?" Grinned Danielle as she made her way to the kitchen, sitting opposite of Veronica, hair a mess and still in pajamas, smiling at her sister who's already dressed and ready

"Man, you never give up." Chloe arched an eyebrow, preparing a fresh pot of coffee. "Just last week, you got blown off by that asshole."

"My soulmate is out there. If I don't keep looking how else am I gonna find him?"

Veronica remained quiet as she scrolled through her twitter feed, her mood taking a twisted turn this morning. It was still too early; she despised the fact that it was her last year in college, and she still had to deal with 8 AM classes.

"Can you get me the juice, please?" Asked Danielle as Veronica stood to get a bowl. The latter nodded as she leisurely opened the fridge.

"Well, sleepyhead, isn't it a beautiful morning?" Chloe teased, Veronica gave her a tight sarcastic smile. The door burst open at that moment, Chloe twisting around ready to throw the entire batch of coffee at Ethan. "Ethan, I swear to God-"

"Good morning, spinster!" Ethan grinned, flashing a set of dimples on his cheeks as he stood next to Chloe to reach for a mug from the cupboard.

"Right back at you, momma's boy," Chloe fired back.

Ethan held her gaze, his lips gradually turning into a frown. He bobbed his head, ruffling her hair. "Touché."

"Morning," Allen's voice was soft in contrast. Veronica eyed him briefly, her eyes catching a tall brunette wearing a pink night robe. Her heart ached darkly, she twisted her head back around in a vain attempt to block them. "Sorry, I'm out of coffee."

"Honey, you're welcome anytime." Chloe grinned, right after punching Ethan in the stomach.

Veronica rolled her eyes. "And so it begins..." She muttered to herself in annoyance as her death stare roamed the fridge.

"And you are?"

"Amber," The woman answered Chloe, the confidence in her tone leveling hers.

"Riiight," She trailed. Danielle winced at her sister's hostile tone. "Coffee?"

Danielle attempted to control the situation as she politely asked Amber to sit beside her. The air took a natural turn as Ethan and Chloe's morning fight round started, and Danielle made light conversations with Amber, chin resting on her palm as she admired how perfect her features were.