chapter ten | the one with the girl crush

C H A P T E R T E N

the one with
the girl crush: pre-hell week day 7

            It was a Sunday morning when Veronica decided breakfast was the perfect time to harass Ethan; Chloe would be pissed to have him inside after a week of peaceful breakfast, and so she'd have her back even if she was irrational

"It's just a few lines of code!" She shrilled in frustration.

"Then do it yourself!" Ethan countered.

"I don't know how to write Python!"

"You majored in it!"

She'd been hogging Ethan the moment he stepped in after his morning run, trying to convince him to write her part of a software project she had due tomorrow, and he'd been adamant about turning her down to teach her a lesson about leaving herself till last minute. In her defense, she tried. But she wasn't going to cram four years and a half' worth of studying in a day for a course she only took out of obligation from her curriculum.

She huffed. They had been through this conversation countless times, and Ethan still brought it up to win the argument knowing fully well it infuriated her. "We are the same major, and you still pull the ignorant card that Computer Engineering is just about software."

"...Isn't this what computer means?" Chloe interjected impassively as her fingers swiftly typed on her phone screen.

Ethan patted her shoulder, and began with an air of condescendence, "Honey, leave it for the pro-Oh!" A breathless groan tore through his throat as Chloe elbowed his rib with a straight face.

Veronica sneered, "Couldn't have said it better myself." Ethan rolled his eyes, and she put her arms on either side of her waist, adamant on winning. "Come on 4.0 GPA, if I ask you a Hardware question, will you be able to answer?"

His eyes narrowed, as Veronica knew the Hardware courses weren't his forte, but they were definitely hers. "Yes."

"But if you didn't, you'll do my part?" She tested, and Ethan rolled his eyes. She knew deep down he was competitive, she just had to press the right buttons.

"As long as you ask a fair question, from a course we both took."

Veronica blinked. "Hold that thought."

She rushed to the coffee table to pick one of Danielle's textbooks and tore a blank page. Danielle's hands flew in the air as she looked at her in disbelief, but Veronica ignored her as she took a pen and scribbled hurriedly, simultaneously making her way to where Ethan sat. When she was done, she slapped the paper against Ethan's chest and handed him the pen.