Chapter 10 - Surprises

It was a pretty chilled day for Maya as she was just getting ready to go for the interview that she had scheduled just yesterday.
She looked at herself in the mirror noticing that no matter how she does style her outfit it won't fit any worse.
She smiles as she grabs her handbag heading out of her apartment.

Maya's outfit

It was about a five minute drive to the place and when she stepped out of her car it was clear that it wasn't just any place but a huge one as well

She kinda thought that with every step she took into the place that her heart would stop.
Here she was.
A true New Yorker but she has lived in Canada for the past three years.
She smiles as she sees a girl she once knew and shakes her head.

"Carla," Maya said and the young girl with black hair turned her head.
"Maya? Hey, how are ya?" Carla asked giving her a hug.
"I'm good. Receptionist? Thought you said you don't need anybody," Maya said and both laughed.
"I have a really good life actually. How can I help?" Carla asked.
"I have an appointment with Mrs Lee," Maya said.
"First door to your left. You can go through," Carla said and Maya smiled as she knocked on the door.

"Come in!" the woman yelled from the other side and Maya went in.
"Mrs Lee?" Maya asked and she looked up.
"I haven't been called that in awhile. Carol actually. How can I help?" she asked.
"Maya Hunter. I made an appointment yesterday with you for the position," Maya said.
"Of course. Silly me. Sit down. Welcome. My day has been crazy busy," Carol said.
"No problem," Maya said.
"Okay, so I won't be doing an official interview or anything. Where do you come from?" Carol asked.
"I worked for Dream Wedding in Canada for two and a half a half years," Maya said.
"I know the business very well. We can't take anyone in at the moment since our factory is closing up. Can you start the first full week of January?"
"No problem," Maya said.
"Thank you very much. We'll see you then. Welcome aboard," Carol said and Maya smiled.

~

"Maya back yet?" Josh asked as he stepped into the café.
"From?" Riley asked.
"She told me she had a job interview at a place in Washington Square," Josh said.
"Yeah, I did," Maya said as she walked into the café.

"Why am I the only one who knows?" Josh asked.
"Riley was busy with the kids yesterday. I'm staying. I got in," Maya said.
"Thats amazing, Maya," Topanga said.
"I'm really happy for you. When are you starting?" Josh asked.
"Six January. Still a long way. Factory is closing up so I can only start then. What are we doing for your twenty-third birthday, Riley?" Maya asked.
"Maya, I have two kids so not much," Riley said.
"No, we're doing something. I'll find out from Lucas what we can do. I gotta go. I've got a lot of arrangements to make about the move. Before New Years I want everything to be settled," Maya said.
"Maya, could we perhaps talk sometime?" Josh asked and Maya nod.
"I'll text you a time and address. I've gotta go," Maya said and was off.