Chapter 12 - Consequences

Josh was sitting in the waiting room with his niece, her husband and her two daughters just waiting for his brother.
Josh had little Lucy fast asleep on his lap while Lucas had Ella.
He sigh as it was forever to get an answer from the doctor but he knew it was needed to get one.
Riley smiles as she lightly takes Lucy from Josh laying her in her stroller.

"They won't take long. With you and Riley it was quick to get information," Lucas said.
"Who hits a girl and just runs off?" Riley asked as the doctor comes out.

"And if you two are here as well? Thought you wouldn't need a check-up for awhile," the doctor laughing said.
"A family friend of ours has been admitted. Maya Hunter," Josh said.
"She's a family friend? You should have said. I just came back from her. She is okay. Just a hit against the head," he said and Josh sighed.
"Thank goodness," Riley said.
"Her father brought her in luckily very fast. He saved her life," he said and Josh looked at him.
"Her father?" Topanga asked.
"Or that's what he called himself. Kermit Hart I think was his name," he said and Josh's eyes widened.
"It's her biological father. She hasn't seen him in ten years," Riley said.
"I work for Kermit," Josh said and everyone looked at him.