Chapter 11 - Accidents And People

"Why do you want to talk to her?" Riley asked as Josh looked at his niece.

He was busy helping out with the children since Lucas had to work late and Riley was struggling to keep up.
He hasn't told anyone that he does remember besides Maya so it was a huge deal keeping everyone happy.

"I regained my memory," Josh said and Riley exhaled.
"But that's great news," Riley said.
"I also remember that I left Brooke because I still love Maya. I think I messed up," Josh said.
"Maybe you can just give it up. The one thing Maya is strong on is love. If you're honest with her you may be able to win her back. Just don't do nothing," Riley said.
"That's what I'm trying and you saw that as well but how can I when she keeps pushing me away?" Josh asked picking up Lucy.
"Your aunt Maya is gonna give me gray hair. Maybe I should just show up at her place," Josh said.
"Not a good idea. Right, Lucy? Tell your uncle it's a bad idea," Riley said.
"I can't lose her, Riley. I just can't," Josh said.

~

Maya was in her apartment busy getting everything done with when her phone vibrated.
She picks it up revealing the cutest pictures of the five year old Patrick and three year old Grace along with the newborn Sandy.
Maya smiles as she quickly texts her mom back saying that they are growing up too fast while it seemed very clear that it wasn't just about the kids but also that she was missing her mom and Shawn.
Maya was looking around as she immediately grabbed her car keys heading out of the apartment.
She needed some fresh air and knew it was going to be something which is gonna take a lot of time.

Maya climbs into her car reversing it slowly as she can guess a lot can happen in New York.
She felt the cold air coming through her window as it was revealed that she was not in Canada anymore.
For the first time it came to her that she wasn't at all as alone as she thought.
She was maybe confused but so much happier than she could ever.

Suddenly out of the blue a car hits the side of hers.
The car goes out of control and it rolls.
Maya prays that this isn't whag she thinks it is which she was so afraid off her entire life.
A accident causing her death.
The car stops and she hears a man coming towards her.

"Oh my gosh. Maya are you okay?"

All she can hear is a voice.
Her vision is blinded and she couldn't recognize it.
She feels a hand touching her head as the man tried to losen the seat belt.
He couldn't.
He gets out his phone as he calls 911.

"I need help. My daughter was in a accident. She's unresponsive. Greenwich Townhouse, New York. Thank you," he said and put the phone away.
"Princess, please wake up. Come on," he said as he tried getting her out of the car.