Chapter four

Previously: "How can your mom not like your quirk?"

"Because I caused my parents to divorce."
_______________________________________

Todoroki POV

After I told my old man the situation I was in I became mildly agitated, but I immediately shake it off. I can't burden (y/n) with my problems. I make my way back to (y/n). Once I'm in the living room with (y/n), I sat down next to her. I'm still curious about her quirk so decided to ask.

"So, you never told me what your quirk is." She explained what her quirk was and the number of abilities it contained. But when she was explaining it to me she looked extremely sad. Then I asked her why her mother was so cruel to her.

"Because I caused my parents to divorce."

I responded "How are you the cause of them getting divorced?"

She looked even more depressed but nonetheless she said "Because of my telepathy I found out that they were cheating on each other and I made the mistake of saying it out loud. I remember that day so vividly."

She sighed and continued to talk about her past.

"That weekend my mother took me to my grandfather's estate that was behind my family's temple. I begged and pleaded for her not to leave me behind. I even said I would do the chores for her I didn't even care if her abused me I just didn't want her leave me like my father left both of us for someone else. She didn't say a word all she did was push me away from her, I fell onto my grandfather's tiled floor. I probably passed out due to the impact, but I can't remember the rest of what happened after that. So, what about you? How'd you get that scar?"

'I don't want to talk about it.'

Of course I forgot that she could read my mind.

"Hey! I told you about my past. It's only fair if you tell me your's."

After I explained my past I made her promise to keep it a secret from the rest of our classmates.

"Don't worry I can keep your secret."

"Thank you, (y/n)."

"No problem candy cane."

I groan "Stop calling me that. Shōto... Please call me Shōto." I blushed

"Okay. Shōto!"

Y/n POV

After I finished explaining my quirk and my past he told me about his. I promised to keep his secret safe. He says thank you.

"No problem candy cane."

He groans and I laugh to myself.

"Stop calling me that. Shōto. Please call me Shōto." He was blushing. It was pretty cute.

It was now 7:30 pm. 'Whelp! It's dinner time.'

"Hey. Shōto-kun I'm gonna make dinner whadya want? If it's cold or hot soba. I'm sorry but I'm allergic to soba."

'I wish I wasn't allergic to soba!'

"Oh. Then how about curry and rice."

"That I can do! What type of curry do ya want? I can do chicken, beef, pork, or vegetable. Your choice."

"Chicken, please."

"Okay. Lastly do want it to be spicy or not?"

"Not spicy."

"Okay! But since you're in the kitchen, you're gonna help me instead of being a lazy bump on the log."

Shōto POV