Chapter Four

- Winter's POV -

"Summer!!!" I screamed while swimming quickly towards her. She was caught in the net.

When suddenly I was pulled back by the fins, it was my friend Maria.

"No Winter!" She shouted while grabbing me tightly.

"I need to save my sister get off me!!" I screamed. Summer was unable to move now because the net was tied around her tail.

"No! She's already caught I don't want you being caught too!" Maria shouted while tugging me back to the edge of the reef.

"Help me Winter!!" Summer screamed in fear.

"Summer!" I screamed as I tried to riggle free. The net suddenly lifted and Summer was gone, out of the water.

"No!!" I shouted as I burst into tears, Maria let go off me.

"Maria why did you do that! I could've saved her now she's gone just like my mother!" I screamed angrily in her face but she had no answer. I swam off quickly, what is father going to say?

As soon as I got to the cave there stood Autumn and father outside. He looked very angry.

"Where have you been? And where is Summer? You have both ruined this day and made it worse for us all, I am so disappointed to even call you my daughter right now. Do you know how many merpeople I sent out to look for you and Summer? I'm so-"

"Summer is gone" I said rudely interrupting him. He stopped talking and looked down at me.

"Gone?"

"Yes. She got caught in a net, she's gone" I whispered with my head hanging low.

"What!?! No. No she isn't gone this is not happening right now" Autumn shouted while crying, father was speechless.

A moment after he stared into the emptiness, he grabbed me and Autumn by the shoulders and threw us into the cave.

"You are both not leaving here, ever!" He screamed while slamming the rock door shut.

"What?! Open the door!" I shouted while hitting on it with my fists. Why is he locking us in?

"This is all your fault Winter!" Autumn screamed behind me, I turned to face her.

"My fault? I tried to save her but Maria stopped me!!!" I said in a loud tone, I am so done with mermaids and mermen. Autumn swam to her room in tears, I wasn't in the mood to console her. This day is ruined.

"They went into the deep end didn't they?!" I heard a merwoman saying outside the cave.

"I think so, now my daughter Summer is gone" Father answered, I lowered my head in shame.

"They are not aloud to leave the cave anymore, I can't loose anymore of my family" He said quietly.

Autumns right, this is all my fault.