Chapter Twenty Three

- Heidi's POV -

I rushed out of the front door still crying frantically. I had no where to go, no one to go do. My only option was to run to the beach to try and calm down.

I sprinted down my street and onto the sandy path which led to the beach, there was nobody around. It was 11:30am so I was surprised at the empty beach. I began to cry even more knowing I had lost Winter. I hate my dad so much!

My inner arms were stinging, my head was thumping, my hair felt like it had been sucked into a hoover and my face was pumping with pain. I'm sure I looked like a great sight.

I ran to the place where I always see Winter and fell to my knees.

"Winter please come back"

"I really need you Winter"

"I'm so sorry for everything"

"I need you, please"

Too much crying led to loss of breath, I felt.. really.. light headed.

- Winter's POV -

I swam as fast as I could, passing everyone who were swimming around doing their usual business. Pushing passed them and rushing back to the beach. I was so scared, my heart had never beat this fast before.

"Winter where are you going!" Maria shouted behind me, she was following me but I had no time to stop and tell her to go away. I had to find Heidi.

As soon as I reached the end of the reef and continued to swim out into the open. I felt like I wasn't being followed anymore, I glanced back quickly to see Maria looking shocked.

"Where are you going! Come back its dangerous out there!" She shouted, but I was gone.

After a few minutes of speed swimming I swam up to the surface and looked around the beach. I saw a familar looking person lying on the sand and knew it was Heidi straight away, I dived back under and swam up to the shore.

"Heidi! Heidi are you okay?!" I shouted while dragging myself across the sand to her lifeless body, I think she was unconcious. She didn't wake up after minutes of me shouting and screaming in her face.

"Heidi!" I screamed loudly which made my voice echo around the empty beach, I shook her rapidly before she began to mumble and move. Her face was badly bruised and her white shirt was stained with blood on her arms.. Before she had fully woken up I rolled up her sleeves carefully to find huge scars across her arm. Then I looked back at the scar on my arm.

"W-Winter?" I heard whisper, I looked up and saw Heidi sitting before me. I smiled widely and just hugged her. I didn't care what happened before even if she did kidnap my sister..

I love her and.. wow.

I love her.

"What're you doing here I thought you hated me!" She said while hugging me tightly.

"I would never hate you. You're my best friend Heidi" I said happily.

"But how did you know I was in trouble?"

"Uhm, I didn't! I just missed you" I lied, she nodded and looked down at the sand. A moment of silence passed.

"Y-You get scars when you're sad too?" I whispered, she looked up at me in fear then down at her bloody shirt.

"What do you mean too?" She asked before staring down at my arms and seeing a scar, but it suddenly disappeared. She gasped and moved back.

"Where did it go?!" She said. I giggled and told her what the scar meant, she frowned.

"I'm sorry. I didn't take your sister though.. it was my dad".