Chapter Nineteen

- Heidi's POV -

The next morning of tossing and turning with guilt and worry the night before, I was rudely awakened at 7:00am by my dad.

"Rise and shine its time to catch some mermaids!!" He shouted through my bedroom door. I groaned loudly and turned over, trying to get back to sleep. A minute later he burst into my bedroom and dragged me out of bed.

"We're leaving in half an hour so hurry up and get ready" He said before leaving the room, I guess I have no choice now. I quickly got changed and tied my hair up into a pony tail.

"Lets go!" Dad shouted at the bottom of the stairs, I sighed loudly and followed him out of the house and down to the docks where the boats sat.

"I'm so excited to have you at work with me today Heidi" He said while we walked towards the boat.

"Not as much as I am!" I shouted sarcastically, he laughed. We finally reached dads boat, three of his friends were already on board waiting for him.

"Fellas, this is my daughter Heidi. She will be joining us today" Dad said before pushing me towards the three scary looking men. They were all tall, muscily and had tattoos all over their bodies. I waved awkwardly at them.

"Well lets hope she is good luck, we need to find more of these mermaids" One of them said while lifting out huge nets from a box. The other two went inside the small room on the middle of the boat which is where they controlled the boat.

"Lets go boys!" Dad shouted into the room, suddenly the boat went full speed out of the docks. I almost fell off.

"Hold on tight Heidi, we're going to find these mermaids" Dad said with a devilish grin, I frowned.

- Winter's POV -

I didn't return home after what father had said to me last night, I just continued to swim around and around and around..

Then I had an idea.

The only mermaid who i considered my friend around here is Maria, even though we don't really hang out that much. What if I went to stay with her? I would be off fathers back all the time and maybe he would get some peace.

I swam quickly to Maria's cave where her and her mother live. They are a few minutes away from where I live, but I didn't mind the swim.

"Winter!" Maria shouted happily as she opened the cave door. She hugged me tightly.

"Hi Maria, I haven't seen you in a while" I said quietly, she nodded.

"So, why are you here?" Maria asked, I looked up at her nervously.

"Father sort of kicked me out, I have no where to stay at the moment.." I said sadly, she looked shocked.

"Mum come out here!" She shouted into her cave, her mother appeared behind her.

"Winter has been kicked out she needs somewhere to stay.. Can she stay here for a while?" Maria asked her mother. She stared over at me like she was evaluating me, All i could do was smile.

"Yes that should be fine" Her mother finally said, Maria hugged her then invited me inside.

"So what would you like to do first?" Maria said as we swam into her cave bedroom. She had a double sea bed so I was in luck.

"I think I'm going to go for a peaceful swim. Just for a while" I said before swimming down the slope and out of her cave. I need to speak to Heidi.