Chapter Fourteen

- Heidi's POV -

As soon as the beach was in my view I sprinted, Winter needed to know where her sister was.

"Winter! Winter where are you!" I shouted continuously around the beach but she was no where to be seen.

Didn't she want to come see me again?

"Winter!" I shouted once more before giving up and sighing loudly.

"Heidi?" A familiar voice said, I turned around to see my dad once again looking down at me angrily.

"What are you doing here? And who's Winter?" He said with a puzzled look spread across his face.

"I finished the chores so I decided to come down to the beach! And uh, I didn't say Winter I was singing a song" I laughed nervously, he rolled his eyes.

"I haven't caught anymore mermaids yet, the scientists are counting on me to find more!" He said while scratching his chin like he always does. My mum is the same, they would talk about me for one minute then change the subject back to themselves. I sighed.

"I know! It's a shame, they're all scared of me!" He laughed loudly while walking away again. It was getting dark out and he didn't even tell me to go home? What a great parent.

I sat down on the cold sand and stared out into the ocean, where is Winter?

- Winter's POV -

The cave door opened slowly, my eyes opened at the sound of it loudly creaking. It was father, he looked sad.

"Can we leave now?" I said with no expression on my face, I was completely done with him.

"No, you're aloud out for a while but only around the reef. There are guards around anyway so you won't be able to pass them" He said while folding his arms, Autumn was snoring on the floor.

"Are you saying I'm not smart enough to get past them?" I said while raising an eyebrow, he laughed.

"We'll see about that!" I shouted before swimming past him quickly, I've never felt so happy to get out of the cave. Now time to get past the guards, I miss Heidi.