Chapter Seventeen

- Winter's POV -

I returned back to the reef after seeing Heidi. The two guards were fast asleep so I swam passed them quickly.

The sea was dark and spooky, everywhere was silent and still. I crept towards the cave door and pushed it open slowly, hoping everyone was asleep.

I swam into the cave thinking I was safe until behind the door was father staring down at me angrily.

"Where have you been?! I told you one hour and nothing more!" He shouted loudly, I shushed him as our neighbours were probably asleep.

"I just got so caught up swimming around the reef all day, it was so fun!" I said enthusiastically, I was lying to my own father.

"Well? Where's your sister?" He said still in his angry tone while looking around.

"What do you mean where is your sister. Summer got took my humans remember?" I asked while staring at him, what the hell is he talking about?

"No I know that! Where is Autumn your little sister, wasn't she with you?" Father questioned. My heart began to thump loudly, I'm surprised he didn't hear it.

"N-no she wasn't with me.." I whispered. He gasped loudly then hurried out of the cave.

"Autumn!" Father shouted loudly, I swam behind him. My emotions where everywhere. Have I lost another sister?

- Heidi's POV -

Another night sitting in my bedroom drawing mermaids, Ah life is getting better..

There's something about these amazing creatures that's so intriguing. Apart from their beauty and magnificent fish tail, they just seem so interesting.

"Heidi there's a sandwich for you at the door" Dad shouted before dumping it onto the floor, I opened my bedroom door to see a ham sandwich lying on the carpet. It wasn't even a ham sandwich anymore, the fall caused it to break apart so it was basically just pieces of bread and ham lying all over the place.

I picked it up and put it back together anyway because I hadn't ate anything all day. I was too busy on my mermaid mission.

Dad has hired lots of fishermen to work for him to help find more mermaids, they never will though. The mermaids know there are stupid humans like us searching, so they won't come up to the surface. Except for Winter..

"Heidi? What are you doing?"