Encounter

Tiffany's POV (It will be rare because I prefer Taeyeon's ✌😁)

A month had passed quickly and I guess, I enjoy studying in my new school. I decided to go back in Korea and finish my studies here though my family lives abroad. I want to experience being away from them. It's not like I don't want to be with them, I just want to try being independent.

I got some new friends here but we're not that close yet. Maybe because of the culture. We have many differences, I need to learn more about Korea and its people.

And here I am standing in front of my new dorm unit. I managed to find a dormitory near the University unlike my old apartment, it was far and kinda hassle whenever I go to school. I'm quite happy to stay here.

I unlocked the door and entered. I looked around and it was just a simple room with a bathroom. It only has a single bed though.

Wait. I thought I have a roommate. The caretaker told me about that and her name is Kim Taeyeon. I met her in some of my classes, she's pretty and smart. Well she's really cute. Some of my friends told me that she's rich but I think she's not a prodigal daughter. She looks down to earth with no sign of pretensions.

But there's something in her eyes that I can see through. She's sad and she has this high walls built up around her so people will not get close to her. It trapped her inside. I can't help but to be sad about it.

I shook my head, I shouldn't have thought of it. I should mind my own business.

Well... She seems nice for me so I think there would be no problem being roommates. I really hope that we will be friends too. I'm looking forward to it.

I unzipped my luggage when someone barged in. I turned to the door and saw an anxious Taeyeon.

I smiled nervously "Hi... roommate," I greeted her.

"Get out of here please," she said bluntly but I could feel that she was sorry for it.

"Excuse me?" I frowned deeply.

"This is my dorm unit. I pay the whole rent since I was a freshman, I don't need a roommate so please leave," she was trying to be polite but her words weren't.

I'm not that kind of person that's easily be offended so I'm trying my best to understand why she's acting like this. She's being rude.

Since freshmen huh? So, it's three years now because we're both Senior.

"But I already talked to the caretaker and she offered me this unit. I already paid for it," I explained.

I don't want to look for another place to stay. I want here, it's perfect.

"I heard that the caretaker is new, she doesn't know my contract so let's talk to her. And please bring your belongings. You need to leave here immediately and find another unit," she firmly stated.

"You're being rude y'know," I couldn't hold back. "Is there something wrong with me?"

"I know I'm sorry and there's nothing wrong with you. It's me, I don't want a roommate," she said without hesitation. She was certain with it.

Maybe she has a problem with people and it's not my business to mind it. We're not even friends.

I sighed in defeat "Whatever. Fine. I'll just ask the caretaker if there's still unit available." I zipped my luggage again.

In the front desk.

"I'm sorry Ms. Kim, I didn't know," the caretaker said as she handed back the contract Taeyeon was talking about.

She turned to me and bowed "And I apologize Ms. Hwang for the mistake and inconvenience."

I smiled "It's okay." I didn't mind at all. "But could you please check if there's still unit available?"

She frowned as she pursed her lips "Oh I'm sorry Ms. Hwang but all are occupied at the moment. That's why I offered Ms. Kim's unit because it's the only unit without a roommate. I'm really sorry Ms. Hwang." She continued to apologize and bow to me.

I waved my hands "It's okay... it's okay. I will just find another place."

"But it's already late Ms. Hwang..."

I sighed sadly, I thought this place would be perfect for me. "Then could I stay in the lobby till morning?" I asked hopefully.

I'm really tired. I just want to rest and sleep.

The caretaker nodded immediately "Yes Ms. Hwang. You can stay here and I will give your money back. Also, I can buy you dinner to make it up to you."

I shook my head "No need for that and thank you for letting me stay here for the night."

The caretaker bowed to me as she handed the envelope, it was my payment. I lazily picked up my belongings to go to the lobby.

I'm hopeless...

Then I felt a hand on my wrist "Wait..."

I turned around to see Taeyeon looking guilty. I thought she left already. "It's okay Taeyeon."

"You have no place to stay for the night right?" She scratched her cheek. "Maybe... Maybe you can stay in my unit... just for the night." She hesitantly offered.

"You don't have to force yourself. I'm fine here," I said as I pulled my arm from her and she let me go.

"But I insist... Tiffany Hwang right?"

"You know me?" I asked a bit surprised.

She nodded "Of course," she looked away. "We have some classes together."

I thought she was ignorant like she doesn't bother to pay attention to her surroundings but I was wrong. I'm glad I was wrong. She's an observant too.

"Are you sure?" I asked again to clarify it.

She nodded as she took some of my belongings "Let's go back."

I smiled, I guess we can be friends.

"Okay... thank you Taeyeon."

×