Roommates

I felt something was wrapped around me and my face was on a very soft thing. I nuzzled into it then I heard someone moaned seductively.

My consciousness began to fill me as I quickly opened my eyes. Oh geez! My face was buried on Tiffany's chest so I pulled away. Not so far because she was hugging me then I met her eyes.

I wouldn't complain waking up like this every morning.

"Good morning Taeyeon," she greeted sweetly. She stared into my eyes, searching for something. It mesmerized me and I almost got lost in her eyes.

I gulped silently "G-good morning Tiffany."

I don't know but I became nervous around her. Last time I checked, I'm straight and I like guys so why am I acting like this? It's impossible that I'm attracted to her. What am I even thinking?

"I saw it Taeyeon, I saw it clearly." Tiffany suddenly said, her eyes flashed giving me signal that she was really into it.

"Huh?" My mind was still processing her words. Don't be stupid Taeyeon, wake up already! I scolded myself.

"I saw you transformed back into a girl and it was fast. It's kinda surreal but I know it really happened. I saw it with my own eyes. Magic." Tiffany was totally engrossed in my situation, it clearly showed through her eyes. She was like an open book. "You know I made sure that I'm awake before 6 to witness it," she explained.

"Are you not afraid?" I had to ask that even if I'm scared because I need to know. I can always ask my sister to erase her memory last night.

"Why would I?" She asked.

"Because you know it's unusual. I'm different," I bitterly said.

"Yes I know and that makes you special. Taeyeon, everyone is different and it makes them unique and special too. Maybe the curse is extraordinary, heck yeah it's supernatural but what important is inside you. Your body changed but what inside you is still there," she said as she pointed to my chest.

I smiled, I'm glad  that she's broad-minded and I think she has a good heart too, that makes her special. "You're amazing Tiffany," I slowly sat up.

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me I promise," she assured then she also sat up. I can't explain it but her words seem to be true that I easily believe her. It feels like I have special connection with her.

"Thank you," I genuinely said.

She smiled "And thank you for letting me stay last night. Even if you have this complicated situation, you still invited me to stay."

"Let's get ready for school," I said. I wasn't thinking straight last night, my guilt kept bothering me that's why I let her stay but I didn't regret it.

"Oh... about that... maybe I will skip some classes this morning because I need to find a place to stay near the University," she went off the bed and put her hair into a messy bun.

It was attractive, indeed. I tried not to gape much. Damn these butterflies in my stomach, they won't settle down when Tiffany is around.

"Um Tiffany... you don't need to do that. You can stay here as long as you want," I shyly offered. It was good that I still managed to say those words.

"What? You mean..." She looked shocked but it was positive, she was happy and it made me happy too.

I nodded "Stay here... we can be roommates, only if you want."

Tiffany sprinted to me and hugged me then we both fell on the bed. She was on top of me and my heart was beating crazily. Shit. I could feel her soft chest on me, my heart was like about to burst.

She doesn't know what's her effect on me.

"Of course I want that! Thank you so much Taeyeon!" She squealed ecstatically as she buried her face in my neck. It surely gave shivers down my spine.

Why am I feeling this?

"But you know... my secret, is that okay with you?" I asked.

My body changes every night, it will be uncomfortable for her.

Tiffany slightly pulled away as she faced me "Of course. It's not a big deal."

"It is, I become a dude every night. You'll be uncomfortable." I assumed.

I don't want to lose our friendship, I don't want to lose what we have now. There's a strong urge that I don't want to lose her.

Her facial expression became blank "Taeyeon... don't force yourself to let me stay here. It's okay, I'll just find a new place."

My heart clenched "No no! I want you here! I'm not forcing myself. Please stay." I said hurriedly. I got terrified knowing that she would refuse to stay.

Tiffany's eyes sparkled as the corners of her mouth quirked up "You don't need to please me, I will stay."

"I just thought you will be uncomfortable with me when I change into a man every night," I admitted. I'm not often like this, I used to hide what's on my mind.

"If I was uncomfortable last night, I probably wouldn't have slept in the same bed with you," she clarified.

That makes sense. Now her words are getting sweeter for me. Shit.

"Really? But you don't know me yet."

"Then if I stay here, I will get a chance to know you more. It takes time to gain trust so let's build it together, okay?" She suggested energetically.

Somehow, she gives me positive energy.

"Okay Tiffany..."

"Um... Taeyeon... you mentioned that you only have limited time outside. Does that mean you just hide here at night?" She asked as she let go of me then sat up on bed, I did the same.

I simply nodded "Yes."

I won't lie about it, I don't want to cause trouble outside.

"You don't have night life huh..." She said as she tapped her chin with her index finger.

"Because I'm scared, I don't want anyone to know."

"I understand but you're still a normal human being, it's just you become a man. What if we make your boy version an identity? Sound good?" She suggested.

I thought about it for a moment and for me, it was a brilliant idea. My sister has many connections and she can make my boy version be part of this country like it really exists.

"Like fake IDs and documents?"

"Not really fake because you transform into a man and that man is real, it's you. You just need to register, I guess?" She said but not sure about it. It was cute of her trying to figure out things.

"I get your point, my sister can do it." I was very confident about it.

She smiled widely "Really?"

I chuckled "Yes I think so."

"That's awesome then I should take your picture later and you send it to her for your IDs," she said as she patted my shoulder.

"Okay thank you."

"You're welcome," she winked playfully at me. "Let's get ready for school then."

"Sure."

So now I have a roommate. I thought it would be impossible to happen. But when Tiffany became my friend, everything started to change.

For the better... I think.

And this strange feeling for her won't go away.

×