Acceptance

The next day.

I managed to sneak off from Seolhyun's apartment without her noticing me early this morning. I was in the public bathroom when I turned back into a girl. I was glad that my backpack was still with me last night. That was a life saver.

I made a new friend, she was kind, sophisticated and strong woman. Kim Seolhyun helped me to let out the pain that I was trying to hide and I was thankful for that. I felt better somehow.

I went straight to my dorm when I turned back into my natural body. I chose to stay at Seohyun's place last night because I couldn't go back to my own place. Guys are not allowed in my dorm.

I took a deep breath before entering my unit then I saw Tiffany was sitting on bed. I was surprised to see her awake because we both didn't have class in the morning.

I closed the door and walked to my cabinet then I took my coat off.

"Did you have fun last night?" Tiffany asked. Her tone was serious with her croaky voice.

"Yes," I simply replied as I put my coat in the cabinet.

I heard her snorted "You had sex with that slut?" She asked in disbelief.

I turned to her as my eyebrows snapped together "Don't call her that! You don't know Seolhyun."

"So that's her name huh? You're defending her. Oh because you had one night stand," Tiffany stood up as she crossed her arms.

"It's not a one night stand, she became my friend," I clarified.

"Ahh..." Tiffany nodded. "Friends with benefits," she assumed.

I sighed heavily. Why do I need to explain my relationship with Seolhyun anyway?  "Can you please not talk to me for a while? I can still remember vividly what happened last night and it still hurts the shit out of me." I admitted. Just the thought of that brought me out in a cold sweat.

"Why are you asking me like that? I thought we're friends. You will avoid me because I rejected you?" She seemed offended.

"Yes, let me breathe! When I'm near you, I feel suffocated. How could you be so mean Tiffany? How could you not consider my feelings right now? I'm hurt so please give me some space!" I couldn't control my emotion, the pain was really overwhelming.

Tiffany was about to cry but she didn't let me see her tears fall as she stormed out of the room.

If she wants to hate me, I think it would be better that way.

I texted my sister last night and she just replied this morning. She already found a new apartment for me. It relieved me but also, I felt quite sad.

I toured my eyes around this familiar room, I've been staying here for 3 years and there wasn't much memories to remember here but I will surely treasure those moments when I was with Tiffany.

I'm gonna leave this place, it's for the better.

-

I was walking in the hallway of our building to go to my first class this afternoon. I knew that Tiffany was just behind me because it was one of our classes together.

After our confrontation this morning, we haven't talked yet. She was keeping her distance from me. I thought it would be easier for me to move on but I felt worse and guilty about it.

I wanted to apologize but I couldn't because I need to get away from her. It was complicated.

I was pondering when I unexpectedly saw some familiar face. I stopped walking as I stared at her. It was Seolhyun, she was here. She was walking my direction.