Night Talk

"I'm sorry Seolhyun, something came up and I can't go tonight. I promise, I'll make it up to you next time. I'm very sorry..." I said over the phone apologetically.

I heard Seolhyun sighed "I told you it's okay, I understand. Let's just reschedule it. Tell me when you're free."

I scratched my forehead, I felt bad "Yes I will. Thank you Seolhyun."

"Good night Taehyung. Take care okay?"

"Yes superior hooman, you too." I playfully said then smiled even if she didn't see me.

I heard her giggled "Thanks, bye."

"Bye," then we both hang up.

I changed clothes. I was already wearing big shirt and pajama. Tiffany was sitting on the bed while her back was leaning on the headboard.

I put my phone on the study table then walked to the bed.

"Are you sad?" Tiffany asked as she put her phone down on her lap.

I lifted an eyebrow "Why would I be sad?" I asked as I sat next to her. I leaned my back on the headboard as well.

"Because your dinner date is cancelled tonight."

I chuckled "Dinner date? It's not even a date," I said as I smoothly held her hand then kissed the back of it. "I'm happy because I'm with you." My heart was beating fast and I liked how active it was. Just being like this makes me feel contented.

Tiffany finally gave me an eyesmile and I swear I almost fainted seeing my girlfriend so adorable "Cheesy... but I like it. Me too, I'm happy just being with you Tae."

"Tae? Is that my pet name?" I intertwined our hands. It fit perfectly together.

She nodded then she leaned her head on my shoulder. "It's easy for me to call you Tae instead of Taeyeon or Taehyung," she explained.

"Whoaa... my girlfriend is so clever huh? Should I give you a reward?" I joked.

Tiffany slightly pulled away to face me, our faces were just an inch apart. I could feel her breathing and it made me a bit nervous. "Give me a kiss then, as a reward."

I grinned "In favor with me," I kissed her forehead. The fire began kindling in my heart. I knew that this moment, I was falling hard for this girl.

She jutted her lips "Also here."

"You're so cute, Fany..." I pinched her cheek but not too hard. I couldn't help it, she was so lovely.

She pouted sadly "I said kiss not pinch," she massaged her cheek.

"Does it hurt?" I asked concerned.

She barely nodded.

"I'm sorry Fany... let me kiss it," I kissed her cheek then swiftly pecked her lips. "Feel better?"

Tiffany beamed widely "Yes Tae... And you call Fany? I love that."

I stared directly into her eyes "I still can't believe that you're my girlfriend now."

She raised her eyebrows "But why? Tae... you know it's easy to like you. You're a big fish."

"Fish? More like a fish out of water when the night comes."

"I don't mind the curse anymore. It became part of you so I accepted it. You should accept it too," she advised.

It hit me. I don't want to accept the curse because I feel different. But maybe, it will be easy for me if I just embrace it. It won't be a burden anymore.

I smiled, I appreciated that. "Thank you for accepting me Fany ah." I sincerely said. At least, I knew someone other than my sister accepted me for who I am.

"It's not really a big deal," she said as she leaned her head on my shoulder again. 

It is for me.

"But is it really okay? It will be hard for you to have a relationship with me. You could've just chose Siwon-"

"I don't like Siwon," she interrupted me.

"Sooyoung told me that he's your suitor."

"He was but I turned him down because I don't feel anything for him. However, he asked me to be his friend so we became friends. It's all I can do for him, nothing more," she explained.

She rejected him. They're just friends. I remember when Seolhyun told me that they didn't look like a couple. Now, I understand.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke again "I chose you Kim Taeyeon. I'm willing to accept all the consequences and fight for you. I will fight for us."

I shouldn't think this way, I'm being pessimistic. I have Tiffany Hwang now, she's my girlfriend. I should be just grateful and take care our relationship.

"Will you fight for me?" Tiffany almost whispered as she squeezed my hand.

"Yes I will fight for you. We will do this together," I wholeheartedly said.

Her hold loosened so it was my cue to kiss the back of her hand again.

"How about Seolhyun?" She asked out of the blue.

I put our entwined hands on my lap then I stroked hers with my thumb "What about her?"

"I think she likes you..."

I laughed at the thought of it "No. We're just friends, I swear. She doesn't like me romantically, she only sees me as a younger brother. Our relationship is purely platonic."

"Are you sure?" Tiffany looked at me so I did the same.

"Yes, we're just friends." I reiterated.

"You know I'm jealous of her."

"You don't have to," I quickly replied. "We should hangout with her so you will get to know her and I will introduce you as my girlfriend."

Tiffany simply smiled "Okay."

"Just always smile like that. I can't help but to fall for you harder, you're so beautiful Fany," I cooed.

She immediately blushed "You're pretty good with your words, Kim Taeyeon."

I chuckled "Not really. I'm just telling the truth."

"I'm so happy Tae..."

"Me too Fany..." I let go of her hand then put my arm around her shoulders.

Tiffany put her head on my shoulder as she held my other hand "Let's stay like this for a while."

I kissed her crown "Okay."

And she started tracing the lines on my palm, just staring at her makes me like her more. 

I'm simply happy with Tiffany and there's an urge that I want to make her happy as well. She gives me hope to live my life and accept my own flaws. She made me realize that being different isn't really a bad thing. It makes us special and unique.

Am I falling in love? Yes, definitely.

I feel like I radiate more happiness, I'm thankful for the love Tiffany Hwang brought into my life. She's sort of my safe place where I can be myself. However, I want to know more about her and I'm excited to live my life now with her.

×

New characters will appear soon. Xoxo