Simple Chat

Taeyeon's POV (I will stick to this POV 😁) 

What the world have I done? Geez not so me.

I offered Tiffany Hwang and let her stay with me this night. Like for real? When I saw her sad face and she looked helpless, I couldn't take it and be guilty. But I knew that I would be in trouble.

"You look so serious," Tiffany mentioned as she sat on the floor.

"Just thinking of something," I said as I massaged the back of my head awkwardly.

"Taeyeon... if you're uncomfortable with me, I can just leave," her tone of voice became serious but sad. I suddenly felt the guilt again.

"No it's fine. You can stay here at least, until tomorrow morning," I insisted but I need to find a way to hide. I should be worried but I feel relax and a bit careless, I can't explain it.

"Thank you," she sincerely said and I smiled unconsciously.

"You're so cute smiling," she blurted out and her face reddened. Maybe she wasn't supposed to tell it to me.

And I blushed involuntarily. Did she just compliment me? "Thanks," I simply said and changed the topic "Do you want to eat? I have ramyeon here," I offered.

She shook her head "No thank you. I'm fine," she refused but her stomach answered for her as it roared. It was complaining.

I chuckled "You need to eat." I walked to the drawer and took two cups of ramyeon.

I glanced at her and she was looking down. I mentally giggled because I knew that she was blushing again. She was embarrassed.

I prepared the ramyeon as I opened it and poured hot water. I'm glad that my sister bought me water dispenser and it's really helpful to me.

Then I walked to Tiffany and sat on the floor as well. I handed her the cup of ramyeon and chopsticks on it "Careful it's hot," I reminded.

She nodded and took the ramyeon "Thank you."

"No problem," I said as I put my cup of ramyeon on the floor. "So you're new here," I assumed.

She nodded "Yes."

Maybe she was thinking how would I know that.

"I'm the President of the student council and I'm kinda familiar with students so I knew that you're new. You know... the face," I explained, I hope I didn't sound boastful.

She smiled "I know that Taeyeon, you're quite popular."

I raised my eyebrows "Really? Me?"

She nodded "Yes, my friends told me."

"What did they say about me then?" I asked curiously and stared at her intently.

"Umm... stuffs like..." She was reluctant about it.

I really don't care about what people say about me. It's their perspective and I'm not studying here to please anyone.

"Like what?"

"Like you're beautiful, that's obvious... smart, friendly and rich," she said as she averted her eyes from me.

I smiled, so people think of that huh? I can't say it's all true. I'm nice to everyone and I have many friends but I keep my distance from them because I don't want them to know my secret. I guess I'm a closed book for them, if they notice it.

"That's kinda overrated," I said as I took my cup of ramyeon.

"Huh? But I think they're right," she looked back to me.

"I'm not smart but I do my best to study. I'm nice to everyone because they're nice to me and I'm not rich but my family is," I explained then started to eat. The slurping sound was clearly heard "Sorry about the noise."

"It's okay and you know Taeyeon... you're really humble," she said as she took her cup of ramyeon.

"Nah," I just shrugged and continued to eat.

"But I notice that... that you're being distant. You have these walls built up around you so no one can get close to you," she blurted out her thought and ended up regretting it. "I'm sorry, don't mind me." She started to eat quickly and it hurt her tongue. "Aww... it's still hot."

"I told you, be careful." 

She's right about that. Her perception is quite excellent. I tried my best to cover it up but still, she noticed it.

We silently ate after that.

But I guess, Tiffany couldn't handle the silence so she spoke "I hope you're not mad."

"I'm not, it's what you think of me so it's fine. I like you being honest. How about you? Where you from?" I asked. She caught my interest.

"I'm from Los Angeles, my family lives there."

"I knew it. You look kinda foreign to me," I said then took a sip of the soup of my ramyeon.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked nervously.

I shook my head "No, I just sense it. Why did you choose to study here? We're already seniors."

"I just want to try being independent and I've always wanted to go here in my hometown," she said as she smiled cutely.

She's really adorable. She's different from everyone I know. At least, for me.

"I know, it's just a stupid reason-"

I cut her off "No it's not stupid and don't make it sounds like it's a bad thing. You just want to learn and see the world differently. Being independent is harder than everyone could imagine it."

Tiffany stared at me like she admired me and it caught me off guard "Thank you Taeyeon."

I silently took a deep breath "You're always thanking me, drop it."

She nonchalantly shrugged "I'm really thankful and I appreciate your kindness."

I don't know why I'm acting like this with her. It's not so me. No... it's the real me. She can walk pass through my walls and I can't do anything about it. Is that a bad thing?

"I just thought we can be friends..." I stuttered as I looked away.

"Friends? Really?" She asked excitedly.

I looked back to her and nodded "Yes, friends."

She put down her ramyeon then hugged me "I'm happy to be your friend Taeyeon!"

My heart started to beat erratically. Like what the heck? Her impact to me was stronger than usual.

"Thank you so much Taeyeon!"

I groaned "Quit that already."

She giggled "Thank you." I could hear her genuine voice.

I sighed, she's really something.

×

Ramyeon - noodles