[Chapter 2]

Reminder: Text in *these symbols* are dialogues between Ayumi and ghosts. The picture of the guy above is what Dane looks like. Please read the Author's Note if you haven't.

It was a complete mistake to spend time here for my summer vacation.

My heart pumping blood so fast that I could hear it. I heard a gunshot. It hit the trash can that I just passed, looks like this swerving technique is working!

I reached the end of the alley, sweaty as hell on a bright summer day. I looked back to see three men, and they were about 20 meters away or something. The one in the raincoat pointed his gun at me, so I ran left to the alleyway I was talking about. *Cassandra?* I called out to my friend. No answer.

*Cassandra! This is serious! Answer me!* This is getting tiring. I pushed pass busy people in busy streets. Some called me an asshole but they should say that to the idiots chasing me. I turned on my x-ray yet again to see where Cassandra was. She was in the same alleyway, and she was talking to that boy ghost.

*Cassandra!!!* I yelled out louder then I've ever yelled. She finally turned her head this way, and floated her way to me. That boy followed. About time she fucking got ears.

Another gunshot happened, and it hit a passerby. I'm getting sued big time. The passerby was female, and it hit her chest. She muttered something about death and then fell to the floor.

I saw Cassandra come close to me, so I turned off my x-ray vision. *So what'd he say?*

*He said that those guys were from a famous organization called the Shie Hassaikai. We should move out of this country* Cassandra says while I run.

That boy ghost in the alleyway catches up to us and says *Wow you sure do run fast*

*It's no time for compliments! What's your name?* I asked, nearly reaching a dead ending. I turn right, heading into a busy street with traffic everywhere. Great.

*It's Dane* he said, trying to keep up. I opened my mouth, about to ask for his quirk, but he beat me to it. *My quirk is Teleport. I can teleport myself or other people to places I'm familiar with*

Great, yes, yes, yes, YES!

*Okay, I know this sounds crazy but how about I bring you back to life only if you teleport me, Cassandra, and yourself outta here? I'll have to bring Cass back to life too, just saying!* I offer quickly. *And I can only bring you back for two minutes max, sorry*

He stays silent for a moment, probably thinking. Then he nods his head. I stop at a traffic light, not being able to go any further. I was too exhausted. I quickly brought Dane and Cass back to life. Dane looked really shocked, looking at his humane self, lost in words. Cassandra on the other hand literally looked like she was used to being brought back.

The three men finally catch up, with two guns pointing at me. "Dane!" I shouted. He quickly put himself into action. I saw both of the men about to pull the trigger, but I was suddenly surrounded in this blue mist, and then I found myself in a park.

I thought back to his words. My quirk is Teleport. I can teleport myself or other people to places I'm familiar with. I believe those were his exact words. So he's familiar with this place, huh? I looked around and still saw some distant Japanese flashing billboards. These Asian countries really like their flashy lights, huh?

Well, the bad thing is that we're still in Japan according to the language of the signs. I look beside me to see Cassandra and Dane. "Wow..." Dane muttered. I smiled, and I have no idea why.

"Is it okay if I turn you guys back into ghosts now?" I question, asking for their approval. I'm glad this Dane guy didn't turn on us though.

"Yeah."

"Mhm."

They glowed a gold color and then returned back to the dead.

*It's been like 70 years since I've used my quirk. Also 70 years since I've walked* Dane says. I wish I could bring ghosts back for more then about two minutes. Maybe I should start training my quirk just in case if I find myself in that kind of situation again.

*You've been dead for 70 years?* I ask. Well, I should've already known that the answer was 'yes' but I gotta reinforce my hypothesis with a real answer. He hummed in response, and I smiled. Bringing the dead temporarily back to life is kind of cheating death, but who knows what else I can accomplish with my quirk.

Dane started floating around, probably thinking about past experiences and some memories of his. This is a familiar place of his, so this place should be sort of important to him, at least. *So... Watcha doin' Dane?* Cass asked.

*Looking around. This place looks exactly how I remembered it* it felt so heartwarming, as I was able to bring someone back to where he had such good memories. Like if you had to move to Mars for the rest of you life, but magically appear back home one day. I would be so happy.

*Hey uhh, where are we?* I asked. Dane stopped for a moment, probably thinking.

*About one and half kilometers away from where we were previously at. It was the first place that popped into my head, and since I was kinda rushed, I just went along with it. Sorry if it's too far* Dane replied. Now my heartwarming feeling turned into guilt, why does this always happen?

*I should be the one apologizing, I was the one that got you involved and also almost got you killed, despite already being dead* I sighed. He stayed silent, and then nodded.

*Yeah, I'm just so shook that I was... Alive again* He said passionately. Man, this guy wasn't so bad. *Nice quirk by the way* he compliments.

I giggle and then say *Thank you!*

*Ahem* Cass says. We both turn to look at her with questioning looks. *Dane you mentioned those guys to be pretty much the mafia of Japan?* she asks.

*Yeah. Figuratively, yeah. They hold a lot of power in this region of Japan. The ones chasing us was the leader, Overhaul, his assistant, Chronostasis, and his right hand man, Nemoto* he informs.

*Great* Me and Cassandra groan at the same time.

1099 words