[Chapter 12]

Reminder: Text in *these symbols* are dialogues between Ayumi and ghosts. Please read the Author's Note if you haven't.

It's party time people.

"What's your name?"

What!? Did he just speak to me? "M-me?" I stutter. Thank god my voice wasn't loud enough to be in the microphone.

"Who else, silly!" he chuckles.

I stand there, completely dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say... "O-Oh, my name is Ayumi Rei." I say, totally scrambled in the brain. Kurono and the others who were listening to me on the other side of the microphone must think I'm was so dumb right now.

"Alright," he says. He lifts his microphone to his face. "I declare Ayumi Rei the winner of this competition! Will Ayumi's companion please step up?" He asks.

Overhaul starts walking. Walking up the stairs, then walking towards Ashiki. "That would be me," Overhaul says.

Ashiki's eyes went wide. Utterly shocked. I saw him shiver a little bit too.

Ashiki looked like he was going to say something, but he was cut off by Overhaul's hand. His bare hand. His bare hand touched Ashiki. He turned into a splatter of blood on the walls. I could hear talking and gasping. Soon, there is yelling. Chisaki, what the hell have you done.

I tried to make a run for it, but I run into a man. Holy shit, it was Tomura.

My fight or flight instincts kicked in and my quirk activated. Cass and Dane were standing right beside me. *The secret about getting rid of quirks was a bluff. Overhaul just want to get close to Ashiki so he could get rid of him, because he was an acquaintance of his who never paid up* Cassandra explains quickly.

*Ayumi, get out of here. Tomura wants to kill you. We'll explain later* Dane says. My eyes meet Tomura's, and I could feel my body quiver.

I swerved pass Shigaraki, avoiding his five fingers. I ran, and refused to look behind me. I passed the staircase, as people were fighting about getting up. I looked down at the ballroom and see massive destruction. Pillars were down, a part of the roof exploded, and there was only about half of the people I saw before. "Ayumi we're coming," Chrono says in my ear. I don't want you to come you dumb fucks!

I look in front of me and it was a dead-end. I looked behind me, and see basically the whole League of Villains staring at my weak figure. My only possible way of escape was to jump down, to reach the bottom floor.

I didn't have time to think.

I climb the railings and jump. I jumped. I jumped. I jumped I jumped I jumped.

Luckily, I was able to land on my two feet, although I stumbled around a little bit, also a little taken back by the sudden jolt when my feet met the ground. I looked at the door, and saw that all of the guards were dead on the floor.

The door opened, revealing the Eight Precepts of Death. I looked at them, and our eyes met. I look back at where Overhaul was, and there was a shit ton of splattered blood on the walls. He looked unharmed.

"Ayumi!" Kurono yells out to me.

Chrono and Nemoto come rushing towards me while the others battle. I didn't want them near me. I was panicking. I could hear my heartbeat, and it was much louder than Ashiki on the microphone. Chrono let out a hand to me, but I slapped it away.

I was crying.

Tears came streaming down my face as Kurono and Nemoto start battling the League. Mimic joins their battle as well. *Ayumi! Get outta there! The doors open, make a break for it!* Cassandra yells.

I look at her, snapping back to reality. My focus directed at the door. The outside looked like heaven. I glance back at the battle scene just one more time.

I took a run for it.

This one minute could change the fate of my life. I run out the exit, and my skin reaches the warmth of the sun. Blue fire blazes past me. Holy shit. I turn around, and it was Dabi. Why must you stupid villains ruin my happiness!?

*Cass, Dane, what do I do?* I ask, panicked.

*Become a ghost* Dane says. Well, it's not a bad idea right now- WHAT THE FUCK? THAT'S INSANE! I looked at Dane, but he looked serious. Does he really think becoming a ghost is possible? Is it

Dabi approached me with a smirk on his scarred face. I scowl, hoping this would just end already. *Ayumi, my best bud, listen to me* Cassandra says seriously. I've never heard her this... formal.

*Feel your legs rise up from the Earth's surface. Like you're floating. Floating like a ghost. Floating like how you see me everyday. Feel yourself pass right through objects, exactly like a ghost. Picture yourself standing in front of a mirror, but then your reflection disappears because ghosts don't have reflections. Feel the cold climate graze up your skin. Picture yourself as a ghost, except ghosts don't have good vision. Look at the plain Earth with fuzzy eyes. Become a ghost, Ayumi* Cassandra instructs.

Although Dabi was getting closer and closer, I take a deep breathe and close my eyes, and clear out my mind. Just like meditation. I pictured myself floating and moving without using any limbs. I felt myself rise up from the ground. Next, I use my imagination to feel like I was walking into a wall. Now I picture myself permeating through the wall. I felt myself getting lighter by the second, then I became completely weightless. Then I picture me staring at myself in a mirror. My reflection dissapears.

This new sensation felt so different. I couldn't hear anything, and my body felt cold. Although my eyes were closed, it felt fuzzy, like how Cassandra explains how her ghost vision was like.

I take another deep breathe.

I open my eyes.

1015 words