[Chapter 9]

Reminder: Text in *these symbols* are dialogues between Ayumi and ghosts. Please read the Author's Note if you haven't.

Lunner time!

I snatch the plate of food and the glass and bring it to my desk. I sit down, resting the food onto the desk. I grab the chopsticks resting on the glass cup and dig into the Chinese meal. It was better then any of the meals I've had in this trip so far. Captured in luxury I see.

I lean back on my seat patting my stomach out of satisfaction. I wonder how Cassandra and Dane are doing? I wonder how my family's doing?

Oh crap my family.

I stand up, abandoning the chair. I took a look at the calendar and it said June 14. I'm supposed to be back to them by today! It was only supposed to be a four day trip! I bite my nails, a little worried. If I could only call them, then it would be fine. Actually, if I could call somebody, it would be the police cause this is insane! Mom, dad, grandma, grandpa; I hope they're okay.

If the party is next week in 6 days, I'll have a chance to escape at the party. I could just slip past Overhaul's watch and then run out the exit, and I'll be free! They've underestimated me.

Anyways, 6 days is a pretty long time if I do say so myself. But if I just keep it cool with the other members, it'll be a breeze, I hope.

§-time skip-§

Tomorrow is the big masquerade party. Tomorrow is my big chance to escape. Tomorrow decides my whole fate.

After the party, I doubt Overhaul will have anymore use for me. The Yakuza have gained some trust from me, which is good. Chrono is my friend, which is helpful indeed. I either hung out with Setsuno or Tengai when I was bored. Mimic was the only one on my bad side. I can't help it, he's so dislikable and loud and annoying. The other members are completely neutral, including Overhaul.

Me and Overhaul would only talk about small things about the party like what dress I would prefer or what mask I wanted. We've never talked about the kiss or anything like that.

And strangely, when the injection wore off and I was able to use my quirk again, Cassandra and Dane disappeared. I'm kind of worried about them, but I have a hunch that they'll be back tomorrow. Cassandra wouldn't abandon me, at least I hope not.

I was currently making some small talk with Chrono. He's just telling me some things to do at the party, how to act, and stuff like that. Me and Overhaul will be the only ones in the Hassaikai who will be in the party room. The others will either be watching nearby or back here, at the base. Nemoto, Chrono, Mimic, Rappa, and Tengai will be supervising the party. I'm not sure how they'll do it, but Chrono told me to wear an earpiece around my head and microphone hidden in my dress while I was there. They'll be able to here everything that's going on and give me and Overhaul instructions while we were at it.

"If it's necessary, then you and Overhaul will do some couple-related activities like dancing and kissing," Chrono smirked.

"Seriously?" I pout, arms crossed. "Chrono, I didn't sign up for this y'know."

"We never asked for your permission to do this, you should be grateful that Overhaul didn't end your life anyways," Chrono states seriously. "Anyways, you can call me Kurono while we're not in public."

"Oh, okay Kurono," I say, smiling. He smiles back. Ever since we've become 'friends', he didn't wear his mask as much around me anymore, which is kind of relieving because I can tell that he trusts me a little more. Not so sure about Overhaul though.

"Say, why do you Yakuza guys wear those masks anyways?" I wonder out loud.

He sighs, and then says, "Chisaki isn't very fond of germs, so he used to wear a simple doctor mask to keep the germs out. After he became the head of the Yakuza, he upgraded to a plague-like mask. It became the symbol of our organization later on."